How to get a really dark tan?

I want to have a really dark tan so bad! But I don't know how to get one. It bothers me that my friends that are completely white have really dark tans!

Thank you everyone for your help :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Use a spray on tan or lotion- they work well if you use them correctly and they won't damage your skin.

The problem with those dark tans is that if they don't start wearing sun screen/top tanning their skin will be dead by the time they're thirty.

link

That's what it'll look like. Your skin can get seriously damaged really quickly if you don't take care of it.

Not to mention you don't need to burn in order to get skin cancer. Burns do just about double your chances but they're not required.

So stay safe, take care of your skin so it stays beautiful and young while you're getting older and just use a lotion or, better yet, just be pale, skin color doesn't matter you'll look beautiful either way.

They also have skin toners which, if applied every day to the skin, will slowly darken it (just slightly or quite a bit depending on the shade) after about a week.

What Guys Said 3

• Why do you feel the need to? Be happy as you are, nothing wrong with being tanned bu some people are naturally darker than others. If you have your mind set on doing this than I advise you not to go all out on the first day in the sun if you burn easily. Do it progressively, like a little each day so you can do it safely

• rmber that tans turn into wrinkles when you get older... goth girls and people who try to not get ANY tan taught me this

• Be in the sun a lot that's what happend to me And now I'm here trying to figure out how can I get my natural skin color back! Anyone know?

What Girls Said 7

• Spray one on, or use self-tanner. Please, please, please don't tan in the sun or use a tanning bed. Doing that damages your skin and can give you cancer.

• First off don't burn because if you peel then you will have odd patches of white skin were you peeled. Second, tan gradually, the best way is to go to a pool and just have fun with your friends for a couple hours but you have to wear sunscreen like you would usually do because we don't want a burn. You can lay out in the sun and tanning oil helps some but make sure you apply your sunscreen under it. Or you could use self tanners but personaly for me they are annoying because usually the color lasts a little less then a week and you have to keep reapplying. My favorite brand though is Jergens natural glow daily moisturizer because it smells pretty good and it doesn't really streak if you apply it right. But yeah I hope this helped you!

• I have tried the jergens & others. I seem to always get streaks on my legs. I even exfoliate ist. What am I doing wrong? And build up on knee & ankles. thanks

• Maybe you are applying it unevenly? Make sure you rub it in really good too. Whenever you put it on your knees and ankles just lightly brush your hand over that area, don't rub it in because that's what causes the build up. On Jergens it says you can use it ever day for a week to get a really dark tan but for me that's what cause it to be too orange and streaky, I use the medium to tan kind though so that I can apply it once without haveing to do that whole week thing.

• you can sit out in the sun for a while... be careful not to get burned...

or you can go to a tanning salon- but honestly, why do you need to look like your friends anyways? conformity isn't all that interesting.

• I go to the tanning salon or I just go to the beach, you should use some cosmetics instead

• try a tanning lotion, then sitting out in the sun

• use everyones advice below about lotions and stuff but please for the love of pain pills on your period ( just made it up) don't become an orange, orange people look weird and should be heckeled in the streets. they look dumb ! but you are smart and will not do such things :)

brazillian beauty not orange county orange

• Go back in time had have a black daddy/mommy.