Which type of healthcare system would you prefer?

one like Canada where everyone is paid for through their tax dollars? Or one like the American system where the insurance companies charge you ridiculous amounts of money and can deny you due to a pre-existing illness?

Most Helpful Guy

• Canada system. I have a pre-exisiting condition that wasn't my fault. It was part of my genes due to my father's bad side of the family.

Charging me just to get my meds isn't fair. Sometimes I believe that it might be better just to end my life before it gets any worse.

• I know I live in America and sometimes I feel like the insurance companies are just waiting for you to die or hoping you do.

• And wether you like it or not your tax dollars are already paying for prisoners heatlhcare too. Of all the people in the America there the only ones other than seniors with guaranteed healthcare.

• Yes QA, that is my attitude. If I wreck my truck I don't expect other people to pay for it. If I have some sort of misfortune, it is MY misfortune and I will not ask the government to take other peoples money to help me out. Doing so is being party to theft and immoral. There are only two options, You take care of your problems, or you expect other people to take care of your problems. Only one of them is the right answer.

What Girls Said 5

• I want out of America so bad. I'm overweight, and insurance companies think "overweight" automatically means "guaranteed future illness," so I'm likely to be denied when I finally try to get my own insurance, even though I go to the doctor regularly and everything in my body is running relatively smoothly.

I hate that health is all about money here and people die JUST because they can't afford the price of health care. If you have freakin' cancer, the last thing you should be worrying about is how to pay for your next round of chemo.

• canada. you can see a doctor anytime you want to. they have clsc at every metro station. I had an emergency when I was there by myself when I was 14. I just went right in. I was taken care of withut using the emergency room- which would have interfered with some elses care. I was able to get blood work done. no money. no parents. no credit card. it was a life saver.

• No system at all. It will just be cheaper for you guys to sit on the plane and fly to Vietnam and search for a cheap doctor who got his diploma in UCLA.

• Canada! :)

• I rather one like Canada.

What Guys Said 7

• Canada's. Americas healthcare system is dog sh*t. Here the only way you can get good health care at an affordable cost is if you are healthy. Where does that leave the others? People that have health problems or where born with an illness? Canada's it don't really matter you get the same health care as others you just have to pay more tax (which apparantly is something people in this country can't comprehend spending a little more to help others).

• i agree 100% especially with the last sentence.

• America, the Canadian system punishes the healthy and rewards those who don't take care of themselves. Actually the American system is pretty jacked up too, there are a lot of things that need to be changed.

• three down arrows with out a single logical counterargument. That's pretty typical for a site full of spoiled children posing as adults.

• Slanted question, huh? I sure know which one you think is better.

• One like UK, not sure how different it is to Canada though

• They both suck

• I liked Danish Health care system. French is also good but not as much as Danish one.

• Canada.