Good looking guys = a**h(o)les?

How many girls here have actually experienced this? to me it seems the opposite is true. the really good looking guys I know are genuinely nice people. where does the stigma come from?

Most Helpful Girl

• I use to think this was true because good looking people have it so easy. Everyone just falls at their feet, they don't have to work for attention or love or dates so they can afford to be a**holes to everyone and still know that they'll find someone simply because they're hot.

But then I dated this guy that was shorter than me, thinner than me and that's saying a lot because I'm 5'5 and I weigh less than 105 lbs, so you can imagine how small this guy was. And that's not attractive to me at all . But I went out with him because he seemed like such a nice guy. I fell for his personality, but when he had me hooked, his true side showed and he turned out to be such a jerk and hurt me so much. So you know what? The average/ugly guys are a**holes

• but its because people treat them so nice that they develop nice personalities.

What Girls Said 21

• I know a bunch of cute guys that are really nice, and I know some really cute guys that I initially thought were @sshoels because of how they behaved whenever I saw them but once I actually got to know them they were pretty nice. But good looking guys can come off as cocky @ssholes pretty easily...especially when they know they're hot cause they know they can get away with more (kinda like girls who are really pretty but act b*tchy)

• People think my little brother is good looking. Its when good looking guys KNOW they are good looking that they become jerks. Like my brother for instance has this charm and he can do and say anythign he pleases when it comes to most people. And I think that others see this and that is where is comes from.

• I always say the same thing about good looking girls that KNOW they are good looking

• Yea it goes both ways. I know plenty of girls who are just downright mean and snobby and get every guy they want.

• Wow am so surprised that a guy says this...

But I ask you this: why do all the girls with a b**** acttitude gets guys attention faster?

*excuse my english*

• In my experience, it isn't necessarily "a**holes". They're usually way arrogant and have their heads stuck up their asses so far, they don't care about anybody else. And I think that's what most girls mistake, arrogance for assholishness (Is that a word? Well it is now! lol)

• That's not an assumption I have ever made. I make initial judgments like that based on the guys style. Some guys (good looking or not) dress in ways that send an I'm an a-hole/player/douche vibe. Examples: ed hardy, fitted hats, overly gelled hair, too buff, saggy pants.

• Some are...but it's like anything. You have norms and exceptions...Guess we gotta keep an open mind!

• I used to believe that but this past year I have met a lot of good looking guys who are very nice people and definitely aren't ass holes :D That assumption isn't one I'm using ever again :)

• not necessarily.

• Well all of my homies are pretty sexy.

and yeah their big a**holes...But you just learn how to deal with it and don't take any sh*t from them and then they get your respect and leave you alone.

• there are attractive guys that are a**holes and attractive girls that are a**holes. it cuts both ways.

• have met a bunch of cute guys that are really nice and some others who are kinda mean.

• Generally, I find the good looking guys to be a**holes but there are exceptions.

• It comes from girls being mad that they were either turned down or broken up with

• naah, not true.

everyone can be an a**hole. even ugly guys...

• sure, sometimes

• This isn't always the case. Some very ugly guys are just as big of a$$holes because they are insecure & want to make others miserable. Good looking guys can be reall nice, not everyone is the same.

• Not all, of course, but a few. Some actually have self esteem issues, so it's a mixed bag.

Some modelesque guys are also very self-involved. They don't see anything beyond their own concerns, that sort of thing.

Others, esp in HS, ride the tide of their own popularity for as long as they can, dating the "head cheerleader" type and living it up only to come crashing in with the tide (and working at Walmart) years down the line while everyone progresses in their lives and careers. Go to a few class reunions for clarification.

Girls are the same way.

Having said all this, the REALLY "good looking" people I know have an internal energy that makes them good looking/attractive. It's not that their features are perfect, but that their expressions and gestures are full of grace, beauty, dignity and reflect their humanitarian nature.

ANYONE can get a "pretty face" or work out nowadays. Only the rare few can truly be "good looking" and attractive in the more holistic sense.

• movies, tv, commercials, the jock is stupid stereotype, girls assuming that a guy is normal because the way he looks. actually I've known the ugly guys to be jerks

• It's not that they're ass holes, (my boyfriend is very, very good looking, and probably the nicest guy I've known thus far.) it's that they know they can get whichever girl they set out for, and therefore they can behave in ways which would be unacceptable, but are waved away due to how attractive they are. Attractive people are always cut slack. It shouldn't be that way, but it is.

• I have met some that are a**holes but then others that are really nice.

• looks doesn't have much to do with your personality. a good looking guy has just as much of a chance to be an a**hole as he does to be a nice person. I've met too many OK looking and ugly guys for me to judge all hot guys as being a**holes. I am not gonna lie, I do get intimidated around good looking guys, but I am not going to act like I can tell someone's personality by looking at them. I used to work with this guy that could easily be the most handsome man I've ever seen in person. he literally looks like a model and I still think he's fine to this day, and he had a really great funny down to earth personality. yeah he was promiscuous, but he was a nice person who treated people with respect. and then I've met ugly guys who were a**holes with complexes too. so I think the stigma comes from intimidation. people feel they are likely to be rejected and judged by attractive people so they beat them to the punch

• ya I see what you mean

What Guys Said 6

• I'm about to go Yoda on you, but here is the life chain, and if you have a mind for logic, stop me if this does not make sense. Compliments lead to confidence, confidence leads to arrogance, arrogance leads to becoming an a**hole, and I can assure you good looking people get lots of compliments/success. Let's take a look at the facts, it's a known fact that with higher amount of confidence that you have, the more likely it is for you to become overconfident (aka an a**hole). It's commonly seen in life that good looking people often do not have to use their brain as much as people who are not as good looking, thus leading to a lack of self-awareness, this lack of self-awareness allows them to justify in their head that they can treat whoever they want however BADLY they want, and get away with it, and let's face it, they often CAN, because there will always be another sucker who will line up for them. Why? Because they are GOOD LOOKING.

• I agree with you 100%. Guys with an attitude problem don't come off looking very appealing or approachable no matter how good their skin or hair or clothes are.

• it's because it doesn't matter bro, nice people can be players. I hate to say it but good looking people just have more opportunities and an advantage when meeting new people.

• attractive men: you want fries with that?

rich but not as attractive men: yes, id like fries with that!

• While it is sometimes true, I think a lot of it's just being mad. A girl that gets overlooked for another girl is extremely likely to call the guy an a**hole just out of anger and frustration. A girl that gets dumped for whatever reason is likely to call him an a**hole if she still likes him. The good looking guys are just the ones that have the option of other girls, so it happens more often with them.

• Because some might be cocky, condescending, rude, players, etc. The last one would be especially possible. I have met my fair share of jackasses that girls consider attractive. However, there are also good guys that are attractive.