Why are the buttons on mens' shirts on the opposite side to those on ladies' garments?

I a just curious to know. Just to make a difference between a men and women shirt or what is your opinion ?

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 5

• Because ladies' garments used to be so elaborate that they needed maids to help them dress, while men could dress themselves. It was much more convenient for the maids for the buttons to be on the side that they are now.

• Holy crap, I just checked with my brother's shirts to confirm. MIND BLOWN.

• so you know who to hit on?

• What do you mean ?

• well there are a lot of androgynous people around,so maybe the shirt makers are helping us figure out if the person we're hitting on has a surprise in their underwear

• Hahaha. I think while looking at the shirt. It gives you a bit of idea, whom you are hitting on. unless that androgynous guy has a booby chest.

• i never noticed to be honest - id say it has something to do with fitting around the chest or something ?

• I think, in either way, fitting is the same. imo

• hahahaha. Well you can still share T-Shirts. have you ever shared a shirt with a guy ?:P

• i got down rated for saying it has to with the fitting -? lol no I'm sort of lucky tha way I haven't had a drink spilled on me or had to do that - id share a guys hoodie if I was cold lol

• nice question :D

even shirts against women rights hehehehehe

What Guys Said 1

• I never knew they were. Maybe to make it more difficult for crossdressers to adapt?