Is it better to look older or younger, in your opinion?

I'm 19 but I look 16-ish. sometimes I get a little annoyed because people think I'm still in high school, but if that means I look like I'm still in my 20s when I'm 30 then I guess I can live with it.

i have a friend who is 19 too but could easily pass for 26 or 27. she loves it because it gets her into bars and she gets hit on by older and more sophisticated men.

which would you like better? and do you fall into either of these categories?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think I look my age exactly. I'm 25 and I look 25. When I was younger, I had bangs and it made me seem even younger. so when I was 16-21 I looked like I was always 16 because of my bangs. It didn't bother me because I wasn't in the market to date or go drinking. I did not date until I was 23 and even then, I was like... dating anyone between the ages of 19-33 and it was fine. I didn't sleep/have sex/marry until I was 24 and the only guy who I slept/had sex with/whatever is not older than me, he is actually younger (by a few days) than me and I'd rather have it that way.

I think girls who use their looks for an older guy or whatever... good for them. That's not what I use my looks for though. Or girls who use their looks to get younger guys, good for them also. Not what I use my looks for. Looks are some times only skin deep. I think it is your characteristic, and if you are a happy nice person or a mean grump.

bottom line: I do NOT have any problems with how old or young I look.

What Guys Said 8

• younger. you'll have plenty of time to look old when you do get older, then you'll be wishing you looked younger again.

• We spent most of our childhood wanting to be adults.

We spent most of our adulthood wanting to be kids again.

• i know what you mean moloz. we're never happy how we are.

• like you said in the long run looking younger is better. I look older. When I was in school people thought I flunked or was in a way higher grade. And when I started my job when I was 18 I got invited out for drinks because everyone thought I was in my mid 20s lol. I don't know kinda cool now but I don't know wanna look 30 when I'm 25

• When you're young, it's better to look older. When you're old, it's better to look younger. I used to look really young and I hated it X(. Now, I still look younger than I am but not by much.

• I look young for my age. It's a blessing, IMO.

• I look much older and I don't dislike the idea.

• haha its not a bad thing at all, agree with the other answers, you'll look younger for life. plus you don't even look 16. I'm 23 and I always get told I look like I'm 20

• I'm 19 and I get told that I look like I'm 16 or 17 all the time. I look like a small child when compared to most of my friends. haha, oh well..

• I get I look older & I hate it!

• i would have guessed you were in your 20s so not much older than you really are

• Yeah that's what people tell me I hate it I want to know I still look young but I guess not!

• I'm 30 and I've been told I look like I'm in my late teens. In fact a few weeks back I tried to approach a girl who was my own age and she kinda shrugged me off because she thought I was a high school kid. It kinda makes it difficult to get girls as a 30 year old single guy because the only girls who don't look like cougars when they're with me are girls who are young enough to land me in jail for dating them. It sucks :(

What Girls Said 8

• It's really weird, some people tell me I look 15 and some people tell me I look 30.

I'm 21, though personally I think I look more like 17 or 18. It's a little bothersome when my ID gets scrutinized like crazy before they let me into a club or I have to explain that my boyfriend is the same age as me and not a pedo.

• As times go by and you get older, ull start to appreciate a youthfu look! :)

• I'd rather look younger, but people say I look older -_-

• Well I'm sixteen and I geti look 20-21. And I love it and I have to agree with your friend though I like the fact that older men hiton me and. Can get into places without id

• I get told I look younger than my age (27). I like it.

• When I was about 14 people said I looked older and by that time I liked that when I got in my 20's people think I look older even now at 27 there are people that thing I look 18/19 even 16 and gee I love it so better to look young ;)

• *think I look younger lol now I look younger thank god, I actually hate when someone say no you do look 26/27 but its rare so usually I get 24 at the most

• younger

• I think it's best to look your age.

• i would have guessed you were 15 or 16, not at all 22. but that's probably a blessing for a beautiful model like you.

• lol ..i actually had thought that she was real.

• LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO