Is it unattractive for girl's to be muscular?

Last night I was out with some friends and one of my guy friends came up to me and gave me a hug... he said, "wow you're really muscular... must be all the lesbians... or I mean people getting married at your school." was he trying to imply something there? I'm not really THAT buff, but I do have some muscles on my arms... but I work out a lot and I'm trying to lose weight and the more I just keep building muscle! what do I do... get rid of it?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's attractive, personally.

What Guys Said 7

• It becomes unattractive once you start losing your curves. Being physically strong is not (at least not to me) but just stay toned. Being "ripped" is not attractive.

• Nah, keep it. Some guys like a little muscle on a girl. Some don't, but I do. :) I find it attractive myself. Besides, getting a good, strong squeeze from a girl would be nice.

• I think muscular girls are very attractive. It is a real turn on.

• Yes it is. It sounds like you don't have anything that's a big deal though.

• Unless you look like Grace Jones, you have nothing to worry about. Girls that stay in shape are always hot.

• no, the funny thing is, I don't look muscular at all... it's just when you grab my arm or something

• You're just fine in my opinion.

• ah, that's good then lol. thanks

• Muscles are seen as masculine to most, so yeah. As long as you aren't too muscular, it shouldn't be too much of an issue.

• I don't look muscular when you look at me... haha, this sounds weird, but if you feel my muscles then you can tell? haha

• You're probably fine if no one can tell by looking at you. He was most likely joking then.

• ah, that's good

• Are you muscular or toned? Most girls aren't actually muscular unless they're female body builders. If you're toned then there's definitely nothing wrong with that. I think he may have just been giving you a hard time.

• not sure if I know the difference lol. maybe more toned I think. you can't tell that I have muscles at all! but if you grab my arm, you can probably tell. I think he was giving me a hard time, but I was a little unsure as to how I should react to that lol. I don't want guys thinking I'm masculine

What Girls Said 3

• to lose weight you have to eat less than you use. exercise will never lower your weight on its own. & unless you are unhappy with muscles, than don't worry about it. who cares what he thinks. & muscles have nothing to do with sexual preference so compliment or insult or w/e e sounds ignorant& obnoxious. I wouldn't pay attention to his view end point.

• good point. yeah, I think I just need to start eating less again. I keep gaining muscles, but not losing weight

• haha yeah not quite what I want!

• I don't think so. I think they would admire you for being strong. Not saying you should be a buff wrestler or anything (lol) but being toned is a good thing!

• I wouldn't see anything wrong with that, my man wants me to be more muscular. I don't know any guys what wouldn't like that because it looks healthy and in my personal opinion I wish I was more muscular.

• huh. good point. guess I should just take it as a compliment then

• Heck yes! Why would you get offended for looking healthy? Tell him to quit being a pansy just because you could kick his ass XD

• hahaha truth!