What skincare products do you use? And what type of skin do you have?

I've tried a few drugstore kinds over the years, but haven't been overly impressed with any of them. Of course, there are tons out there I've never tried. Recently, I've been trying out making my own out of stuff from the kitchen.

I have oily skin.

Most Helpful Girl

• AM:

-Purpose Cleanser

link

-Eucerin Skin Everyday Protection Face Lotion SPF 30

link

PM:

-Purpose Cleanser

link

-Epiduo/Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream/Ponds Dry Skin Cream

link

link

I alternate at night, but normally I use Epiduo

I use my Clarisonic to cleanse my skin with my cleanser

Treatments:

-Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque

link

-Queen Helene Mud Pack Masque

link

-1-2x a week I exfoliate. I make a homemade scrub with 1 tsp of brown sugar, 1 tsp of granulated sugar and 1 tsp of baking soda

-Every other day I mix baking soda with my purpose cleanser to gently exfoliate my skin, but my homemade scrub is my weekly scrub

I currently have normal-combination skin, but that is due to Accutane+Epiduo+Birth control. When my skin was oily and I would break out with cysts, I relied on Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque weekly and a cleanser with Benzoyl Peroxide(for night) and a cleanser with .5% Salicylic Acid in the morning(that way I could attack both culprits of acne)

What Guys Said 1

• my skin is a little dry. I use vaseline for men lotion after every shower

What Girls Said 7

• I highly recommend using shea butter and oil. The one at Bath and Body Works link is the one I always get, expect in the bigger tube. I also have oily skin, but shea butter is great as an all-over body cream.

I also have this condition called keratosis pilaris on the sides of my arms, thighs, butt, and especially my face. I tried using this chemical lotion thing that my doctor prescribed, but it doesn't work. I recently joined a group on Facebook that have members with the same condition. They all recommend using extra virgin coconut oil. I began using it, and it seems to have calmed it down a bit. EVCO can be used in your hair, body, and even to cook with. It's all natural oil.

• In the morning I use:

-Clinique's mild face wash for combination skin. (My skin type is combination because I only get a little oily in my T zone but my cheeks are dry). If I use something too strong, then I start to peel and I hate it when that happens. This face wash is really good and works for me.

-Clean and clear's deep cleaning astringent for sensitive skin ( I only use this if I'm breaking out a little during that time of the month and it dries it up pretty good during the day)

-St. Ives apricot scrub. This is a wonderful exfoliant that I use almost everyday while I take a shower.

At night:

-the same clinique face wash

-Lush's grease lightning spot treatment ( if a pimple pops up I just dab this on and when I wake up the next day it is visibly smaller, less red, and visibly smaller) I love this product.

• I have combination, acne-prone, sensitive skin. Drugstore brands normally don't work for me because the chemicals they use react badly with my skin and make me break out even more.

I use the REN Clear Calm 3 system. It's the ONLY thing I've tried that works for me.

• I use Dove soap, Aveeno face wash and Olay SPF moisturizer. My skin is very dry, it needs a lot of moisture and I think it's because I used to use Proactive and it dried out my skin so much that it wouldn't stop peeling even after a year. I also drink a lot of water so that's not the issue.

• wow, dang, whatever's in proactive I'll make sure not to use something with those ingredients.

• Use beorè products

• i used one of the toners once and really liked it, but when I go to the drugstore, they always only sell the pore strips and one of their cleansers. maybe I should try online. which of their products do you like?

• Do you have walmart or target? Thos kind of stores sell all of there products

• ok thanks.

• Get a prescription for Spironolactone... 25-50mgs a days does WONDERS for ance y oily skin.

• hmm interesting. I don't really have too much acne, that's just my skin type.

• spironolactone is a diuretic.. you must be peeing a lot

• I only take 25mg so not really

• You have been using stuff from your kitchen? AWESOME

I want to do that too but I have already just bought some new stuff so I will wait on it.

I currently use cetyphil anti-bacteria bar soap for sensitive skin, I use it day and night.

I also use a toner, sort of like the one made by clean and clear except it is the store brand.

I use a spf 15 sort of like the oil of olay brand for sensitive skin but the store brand.

That's for morning.

For night it's the bar soap, the toner and also benza clin that I got from my dermatologist and then I use the actual oil of olay night lotion for firmer skin.

I have really oily skin, that breaks out easily.

For the future when my toner and my bar soap is gone, I am going to use oatmeal as a face wash and then apple cider vinegar and green tea as my toner. You can look this all up on youtube. As for lotion, I like using crisco as a lotion but my husband hates it because he says it's gross and slimy since it doesn't sink into your skin. Same with olive oil, since I like to put a ton on.

• I've been thinking about trying some cetaphil stuff, but I always hate buying a giant thing from the store just to try something out. I've just been mushing up whatever fruit is around and using that, it's actually working pretty well haha.

• cool, thanks.

• your welcome