Am I being unreasonable?

I get worried when my boyfriend doesn't text me to tell me he's home safe. It gives me a peace of mind. *We've been together for 5 months now.

I work night shift, so if anything happens.. I wouldn't know.

He would go home and fall asleep and not bother texting me, I understand that he's tired (he just hang out with friends mostly all day), but it hurts that I don't cross his mind or that I'm important enough to get a simple text "hey, I'm home. Goodnight babe."

I have had this conversation with him many times before. He doesn't try to look at from my perspective but I usually look at it from his point of view.

Last night, he texted me saying he just got out of a ridiculous situation (knowing his past, it could be anything major) I texted him back asking what had happened and if he was okay. No reply till 11 P.M. asking me what's up and hows work going. I texted him that he worried me a bit there so that got me a bit upset.

I'm not asking for a full blown conversation from him. It's not like I'm asking him to change. So why is it so difficult for him to follow through this?

He has often text me that he's home safe and a goodnight but now, for about a good month. I haven't been receiving goodnight texts or anything.

Is it so bad that I care and worry about him? I don't know how many times I have to stress it to him.

Do I have the right to upset right now?

Most Helpful Girl

• You are not being unreasonable at all, my boyfriend has done this on a couple of occasions when his been out clubbing until late with his friends, of course you have a right to be concerned his someone you care about and want to know his safe so you have to explain and make him understand that. Maybe you could give him a taste of his own medicine and not text him when your home safe, if his not going to make the effort then why should you?

• "I have a right to be concerned about someone you care about" ? Are you f***ing kidding me?

Let's say a stranger comes up to you and tells you he cares for you. He then asks you where you've been last night. Eh? Stupid statement.

You PERHAPS (I hope) MEANT "I have a right to be concerned with someone I'm currently in a relationship with".

• I was reffering to caring about someone when you're in a relationship with

What Guys Said 1

• I think its kind of cute for you wanting to know that he's safe and yes you have the right to be upset with him, just tell him that he doesn't have to do it nightly but at least 3-4 times a week

What Girls Said 1

• I think you are totally in the right .. You should be expecting a text even if its just to say he's home.. afterall you are his girlfriend and the natural thing to do would be to text you and let you know .. you're not being unreasonable atall, if you can't get through to him .. do the same thing back let him know your at a party and then don't text til the next day.. see if it bothers him. good luck! :)