Is being physically attractive really a great benefit over being plain looking?

Sometimes I feel that both average and physically attractive people both have pros and cons, so looks don't really matter. Take for ex attractive people... Some people are intimidated by pretty girls and never approach them while some guys only chase after the pretty ones, and for the plainer girls, it seems like guys find them more approachable for relationships, while the guys that shun average or ugly girls avoid them... So the benefits and disadvantages for both pretty and plain girls are pretty split even...

Anybody else get what I am saying? That for relationships, looks don't matter much, or do some of you disagree with me?

I guess what I am emphasizing is average ( not ugly) vs beautiful... Keep in mind average is on another level from ugly... People have varying opinions on the attractiveness of average looking people
i just realized probably at least half of the people around where I am from must be considered at least attractive...it' s actually really easy to be at least attractive nowadays...
on a different note, what would you guys rate this girl?

link

its not me, it's my friend...im just curious

Most Helpful Guy

• you have a very good point there,i kinda agree because those are actually facts. Look how humans interact with each other, lets say we have a guy named Tyler who is probably 7 out of 10, he's somewhat handsome and a sweet guy , then you have his friend named Kyle, who is hot , abs , good looks, but somewhat of an a**hole. Mainly Kyle will be the eye sore, most girls might want to date him or hook up with him over Tyler . Now lets say one of the girls dates Kyle and then he dumps her for another girl, after a period of time, she might consider Tyler as a potential lover, because he's more of a boyfriend material then kyle. It's odd world we live in but that's usually how people interact with each other. We desire to have things that's usually out of our reach but we fall back on something a little bit downgraded from what we wants. To wrap it up, basically people mix up Lust over love, Love is built by connection, not eye candy. When guys get looked over by other men who are more attractive and a**holes to everyone, then the nice guys switch sides because they believe that's what women desire. Its a confusing and endless cycle

What Guys Said 5

• Of course it is.

• Damn! Looks like she's packing some heat under that shirt! :P

• In the long run, they don't matter too much, but in starting a relationship up, a better looking girl will have an easier time of it. She'll have more options, at the least.

• i'm glad not that many girls find me attractive, cause if they all did, I'd have a lot of unwanted attention, so taking that into consideration, I'd say it depends on how much attention you can take, and what kind you want.

• Beautiful people have the world handed to them on a silver platter, there is no comparison.

• In what ways?

I guess I'm far from beautiful... Lol

• Thats society and humans for you.

• Just sitting here lmfao, nice work guys.

• Only attracted to beautiful girls.

What Girls Said 2

• I have to disagree. A lot of my female friends are very physically attractive. While it's true that there are guys who want them only for their looks, most of the guys who approach them are nice, decent guys who want to get to know them.

My average looking friends and I, however, never get approached by guys. Some of them have never had a boyfriend before, and those who have (myself included) had to work really hard to get a guy to even go out with them.

• I agree that being physically attractive is above being average or ugly and that looks are very much important in a relationship. Looks attract initially

• I think I had more guys approaching me when I gained like 10 lbs as opposed to when I was skinnier ... And I wasn't too thin to begin with...

• What does that have to do with anything? Skinny doesn't imply attractive and being average doesn't imply unattractive

• Yeah unfortunetly, I was a chubby guy, and most of my female friends growing up didn't really find me attractive, then when I started working out, they cling to me like a white on rice. Its stupid, love is not lust, people mix those two up. I agree you need some lust but it shouldn't be the main factor one falls in love with someone else.