Why do I attract the wrong types?

I am curvy like #3 (not as pretty as her though).

I'm attracted to more muscular guys like this link (obviously, he's a model and I don't expect guys to look that perfect or whatever, and disregard the odd face he's making lol).

But the guys who I've attracted in the past are all either skinny or chubby like this link or this link (the one on the left).

I used to just date those guys because I didn't want to be shallow and I am more interested in personality, but after a while of trying to date them, I found I just couldn't be attracted to them.

So what is the deal? What kind of girls are more muscular guys interested in?

oops! forgot the first link. #3 on this link But I just realized that even though I have that shape, I'm not really as fit as I should be. I probly just need to work out.

Most Helpful Guy

• You don't necessarily attract what you're attracted to, as illustrated by the fact that people you're not attracted to are attracted to you. They may well be asking themselves why people they ARE attracted to aren't attracted to them, unless they possess a modicum of self-awareness and realize that fat guys don't get the fit girls all that often. If you're attractive, you'll attract a lot of guys - and some of them won't be 'your type'.

Furthermore, MOST of those bodies are 'acceptable' in the sense that after seeing them on the beach I wouldn't automatically discount them. With the exception of the two fatties, any perceived lack of fat (anorexia or otherwise) is easily solved with a few larger meals.2-5 and 8 are a bit closer to the ideal, 0-1 could use some improvement and 9 is a bit too manly, but there's no reason to think that a skinny guy would only like 0, a fit guy would only want 9 or a fat guy would only go for the fat chicks.

Guys like a variety of body types, and most of us are open to more than one of those 'numbers'. Consider yourself fortunate that you're attractive enough to attract a wide variety of guys - you have a freedom of choice that many people would envy. If you're not satisfied by the buffet placed before you, get off your ass and go after a guy that is a bit closer to your type.

What Guys Said 7

• So what you're saying is that fit men all like the same kind of women? In lack of any other possible way to put it, that's pretty shallow.

• Yeah I agree, but I'm trying to be as realistic as possible. If muscular guys are interested in fit women, then that's what I'm going to aim for.

• the reason you are attracting skinny guys or chubby guys and not the built type that you like is simple: most guys are either skinny or chubby. It's simple statistics that majority of the body types you will attract are watever the typical body type is among men.

Also, if you are admiting that you need to work out, then you yourself aren't that attractive, and should not complain that you are attracting chubby guys or skinny guys.

• "But I just realized that even though I have that shape, I'm not really as fit as I should be."

So you're more like #4?

• Yeah, I think I'm as small as a 3, but have the extra jiggle of the 4. I am trying to lose a good 10-20 lbs anyways, so maybe that will help.

• so how curvy and pretty is a #3 ?

• #3?

• I laughed when I saw number seven...number 9 just creeped me out...I personally prefer "fit" girls...

• Yeah I think I need to look more like 2 or 8 to score the kinda guys I want.

• However...as I said before..you should not let a couple bad experiences change you...be YOU...not someone you think you should be...

• You can not disregard a specific group because of bad experiences...

What Girls Said 0