I couldn't smile at him when he looked at me, what would you think if a girl did this to you?

Recently, I was really close to my crush. He was very quiet, and only made eye contact for about 3 seconds before quickly looking down. He seems like a reserved/introverted guy. I could tell by looking at his face that he was a little nervous.

I really wanted to say hi to him, but I knew that if I tried, it would come out sounding weird. I was super nervous. I couldn't even smile. I don't want him to think I'm rude or stuck up. I just looked back at him until he looked away. Guys, if a girl acted like this around you, what would you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know. I probably wouldn't think much of it. If I catch a girl I like giving me eye contact I'll probably remember it but if you don't speak to me or anything it'll probably just be forgotten.

What Guys Said 2

• Funny...I am in the same position as you..would it not be weird if you were the girl I like...haha..anyway..no...it is OK for a girl to act like that AS LONG AS he is good with conversation starters...since your both shy...one of you has to break at some point..it takes time..do not worry!

• sounds like textbook flirting on His side,go for it!

What Girls Said 1

• This happens to me sometimes. This guy stares at me when I'm at school waiting for my classes to start. Sometimes he watches me from behind a cart of food (Lol, I know it's weird). Sometimes he'll walk past me and look at me and I can't help but avert my eyes from him when I see him staring or approaching. It's kind of embarrassing, and I feel like I shouldn't be looking even though he always starts it.