Uncomfortable shoes, why do woman wear them?

I always see attractive woman wearing the most uncomfortable high heeled shoes. Do woman wear extremely uncomfortable shoes to look good, in an effort to attract man?

Most Helpful Girl

• I know exactly what you mean. It's actually more prevalent now than in the winter months. Just yesterday I saw two women wearing the thinnest possible heels -- at least four inches high. They looked like they were walking on eggshells. If they had to suddenly rush or pick up the pace, they'd have to take their shoes off. Other women wear shoes that are just not their size and just bear the pain thinking that they look good.

I've been "burned" by a shoe a couple of times, not because of the heel, but the design and material prevented me from "breaking in" the shoe properly. Because the shoe, in my case, was advertised a certain way, I was able to return it, but it's important not to abuse your feet in that way to avoid permanent damage to your feet, legs, and joints.

Yes, from what I gather, the women who purposely wear these medieval torture devices are doing it to impress by wearing a very carefully engineered outfit. Sure they turn heads, but they can't turn around in their heels, lol. As I keep telling people, waddling precariously in your spindle heels is simply NOT as sexy as striding confidently in your non-spindle heels...

What Girls Said 13

• I'm a shorty-5ft 2, but I like tall guys 6ft 2+ so I were heels to appear taller, makes talking to taller guys easier, less neck crunching or looking like I'm staring up into the sky for a comet to make eye contact, lol!

Also, have to say, I think my legs look nicely toned and more defined when I wear heels, which does draw a guys attention to them, it also forces me to keep good posture, less slouching thereby making my body language more positive, add in a hip roll walk and the guys take a peek.

• Heels do make women look more attractive. They elongate the legs, make them look smaller and push out your butt. So ya I can see why women like them. But they can be uncomfortable. I usually stick to comfortable shoes :P

• they probably think it makes them feel sexy and look sexy.

I on the other hand could care less if I feel or look sexy, I just do not want to fall when I walk fast and then bruise myself.

I do not care for high heels

• I personally live in heels... even when doing house work or taking out the rubbish lol ... I don't do it to attract anyone or any attention..i wear them because they make me feel good about myself... they make you walk tall and hold yourself in a that gives you good posture and confidence...

I personally buy only good expensive designer heels I scrimp and save all year round to be able to afford them because they make me feel good...

And a lot of the time there not quite as uncomfortable as you would imagine... even the tallest of heels can be comfy and wearable when your used to them!

• heels make you walk differently and carry yourself straighter while pushing out the bust and arse, hence the long-legged hourglass silhouette used in advertising years ago. Some women wear them because a good pair of heels can make you feel and walk like a Queen, others I suppose do it for men. Personally it's rare to find me in heels anymore as they f***ed-up my feet years ago and no man is worth my comfort.

There are too many women I know now no longer able to wear flat shoes because they've trained themselves to walk and stand in heels only. I pity them big time, have you seen bunions on a 55 year old heel-wearer? Yuk, gimme a pair of trainers anyday ;O)

• I only wear comfortable shows, just like you, that's why I'm so amazed when I see woman crame their feet into those torture devices, I figured that are desperate for attention, and by extention, a man. Figured I should use those types of shoes as an indication to approach her for a date.

• Oh no, please do not assume you can read a woman from her shoes! Even I have boxes of (mostly unworn) high-heeled shoes and boots that rarely come out - there is no logic to a womans' footwear of the day, it may purely match her handbag or lipstick. Not a good way to determine if she'd go out with you or if she'd be single, lol ;O)

• Yeah basically although not necessarily to attract a man. I like wearing heels because they make my legs look good. I'll only wear what I can walk in though.

• Do you like making your legs look good so that men will notice and possible approach you? Or do you do it solely for a little well deserved attention that won't lead to anything?

• No I don't do it for men, I just dress the way I do because I like to look good. I'm fashionable even without heels, and only wear them on occasion (clubbing, parties, weddings etc). When I wear them it makes me feel like I made more of an effort. The fact that they make my legs look good is a bonus, which I now admit is not the sole reason I wear them. I am more weary of guys who approach me when I'm showing a bit of skin.

• Pretty much. Although sometimes we just like the shoes ourselves even if they are painful. I myself, stick to converse basically all the time. Moccasins too.

• If a random good looking guy complimented you on your exquiste high heel shoes, would you appreciate or think it creepy?

• I don't wear heels but I would probably think he was gay. & If not, it definitely would be creepy if he was some random guy who just walked up out of nowhere and told me that. Now if he was talking to me for a little bit and then said, those shoes look amazing on you or those heels make your legs look amazing. Then it would be a different story.

• So how do you prefer a man to approach you, if he's looking to start that conversation you spoke of?

• many girls do that just to look good. Personally, I only wear things that I feel comfortable in.

• i can't walk in uncomfortable stilletto shoes so I don't see the point in buying them.

• I make sure my heels are comfortable before I walk out of the store with them.

• because they're hot

• Not me. I don't trade my comfort to looking good. I'm a practical girl !

• Because they usually buy them for the label not the comfort factor. I'd rather wear a heel of medium height so I can rip it up on the dance floor without wearing ridiculous ones that if I tripped could impale someone. Okay wait, my answer is vanity :)

• I've heard of uncomfortable high heel shoes refered to as "fu*k me pumps". Because woman who wear them are giving the signal they are looked to get a man. Is this true

• Hahah I wouldn't want to stereotype but it is done for attention.

What Guys Said 2

• I understand your curiosity bro, I have a similar question, check it out

link

• this is what I read although those shoes are bad for there feet there serve a purpose in attracting men. any way what I read said it is supossed to make her legs look longer and slimmer and raise her butt