Would You Rather be Born the Opposite Sex?

Title says it all... guys - would you have preferred to be born girls (or the opposite)?

I personally am glad that I am a guy because I can't imagine having periods and all these "problems" that girls have... I find it being a guy an easier job, it doesn't require as much care (don't yell at me, yes some guys do take hours with their hair and stuff, but in general we're more natural and don't need as much self-maintenance).

But sometimes I'm really jealous of girls because they tend to be all cute and stuff, and if they do something it considered cute while if I would do it it would be seen as gay and disturbing... plus, I love singing and I suck at it and girls have generally nicer voices.. and girls have so much more variety in clothes than guys..

and there are more factors, but I won't list them all because then you won't have anything to talk about :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd rather have been a boy, but I think a good bit of that may also be that my body's broken. I'm actually disabled, plus other issues that are unique to being female with a body that hates me. Even my disability is more common in women than in men.

Even as a child, though, before my body fell apart, I wanted to be a guy. I never really got the girlish stuff (I still need my sister to help me match clothes...and I'm 23...), and I often feel like other girls look at me sideways because I don't do anything with my hair or wear makeup. Plus I wanted to be a Boy Scout and do camping and stuff. I tried Girl Scouts, but we made food and did plays and stuff.

I often wondered exactly where the line was drawn, and I still don't quite know, between just thinking it would be nice and actually having a gender identity issue. I'm pretty sure I'm just thinking it would be nice, since I've got all of these issues that either only affect women, or affect women more often than guys. Also, if I was a guy, I'd have to be at least bi. :P I like the male body too much. :) Plus, girls are psycho...

• Haha I would have to be 100% gay if I was a female, you girls are just so much more attracting than us!

What Girls Said 3

• I love being a girl. It's funny that you asked this question because me and my sister had this discussion last night and we both came to the conclusion that being a girl is awesome! Yeah the period stuff sucks but I love our clothes, our makeup and everything about being female. I love how you guys think the stupid stuff we do sometimes is cute. I love how you love when we are independent at times and then you love when we pretend like we can't change our own tire just to see you light up! LOL. Seriously though, I wouldn't change being a girl for the world and you know why? Because the best part of being a girl is liking guys! :)

• Nicely said...It's obvious you, as a girl, know how to push the male buttons. And we love it ! As guys; we'll fall for it every time, because we just can't resist you females, either!

• On a lighter note.. I Love Being a woman... We have boobies.

• I personally don't understand why men think that women having their periods and 'things' are gross or hard. Yes honestly that monthly stuff is a pain in the ass but I would rather have that then something hanging between my legs!! haha LOL jk. I love being a girl and I always will. Especially because a lot of people stereotype men as all the same and women are all allowed to be unique and different from one another. I think men are too but some things...haha LOL

What Guys Said 2

• Interesting question. You bring up some valid points about the advantages of being each sex. When I really think about it though, I'd have to say I'm completely happy in my own skin as a male! Wouldn't want to change.

• I always that if there is such a thing as reincarnation.

I'm coming back as a guy. Lol

• No because I wouldn't want to be looked as a slut or a whore, as a dude your allowed to do those things even though I don't. I also don't want to go through periods and the time for creating a baby.