Is this what guys really think about this type of clothing?

normally I wear shirts that are a little oversized. they're not baggy and they don't hide my figure, but they don't cling to me either.

my guy friends say this shows I'm not confident and am probably uptight about my body and they avoid girls that wear those shirts.

my friend wears tighter, lower cut shirts. she likes to go braless and strapless a lot.

my guy friends say this shows she's confident and sexy and chill and they are attracted to girls like this.

is that true?

Most Helpful Guy

• personally I prefer the more casual way you dress because it doesn't say attention whore. plus I like the idea of a girl who dresses like she's up for anything and doesn't need to go home and change into something else to go do something active and fun because the way she's dressed is too "girly" and "delicate." I like tomboy girls who are just as much up for going paintballing as they are being romantic. and there's something adventurous and appealing about a girl who dresses like she's always up for anything (jeans, sneakers, t-shirts) that a more girlie girl who wears dresses, tight tops, and heels all the time just doesn't have. honestly I tend to see those types of girls as more one-night-stand material while the first kind is more long term relationship material. that's my take on the matter.

What Guys Said 7

• No... your friend's a TOTAL JERK! Its actually the other way around.. I mean by the pictures in your profile I can see you got nothing to hide.. (U actually got lots to show :P)

and this shows that you are confident about yourself and that you don't necesseraly need to wear attractive clothes to feel good about yourself... I actually love girls that can go out on pijamas.. xD .. You are perfectly OK and you should slap your friend if he says that again...

• Well, I can't determine people's personalities from their outfits. I haven't reached that level of intelligence yet.

• Thats utter bs, never once have I looked at a girl with a dress sense like yours and thought 'she must be really insecure about her figure, and not confident at all'... such nonsense and your guy friends are pretty superficial if they actually said that to you.

• That's not even remotely the impression I get.

• Wear what you like no matter what a man says...however..they are sort of right..because...women who "cover up" in that sort of way..are in fact...insecure about their body...if they were comfortable with their body they would show just enough..and still feel covered up enough...what I am saying is...do not dress like a nun...unless you think you have to!

• Your guy friends are d***s. Being judgmental just because you like looser fittings. Your braless friend does sound a little slutty though.

• ur guy friends are, well... young guys who like that sort of thing... dress like you wanna, and not worry about what others think

What Girls Said 4

• woah...they're over-analyzing. I mean I wear everything from XXS to XXL,it has nothing to do with me being confident or not being confident I just wear what I like

• Guys and girls take things differently.

To guys, I guess being a little more showy expresses confidence and being comfortable with your sexuality and body.

Idk, I'm like you. I don't wear anything too tight, but it's not like my clothing cover my body shape. I'm very modest about how I dress, more conservative in a sense.

I guess that's what guys like haha

• Wow, I didn't know there were guys out there that read into women's clothing that deeply.

• That's ridiculous. I'm sure some people think that way, but who cares. Wear what you like.