Are hot women attracted to nerds?

If the man has nerdy interests but is tall, muscular and generally confident compared to most nerds. Or does the fact that the man doesn't have social status or a lot of sexual experience make him less attractive to women?

Most Helpful Girl

• Damn this is hilarious I'm dating a 6'2" quantum major who's working towards his PhD, plays D&D, ran the chess club at his undergrad, and is learning C++ ... are you sure you're not the same person? I don't know if I'm 'hot' per say but people tell me I'm exuberant, cute, quirky, or gorgeous when they have to use an adjective. You decide link

Personally, I like intellectual matches and I'm a total nerd so a fellow nerd? Ace. The first time I met up with my guy we walked and talked for eight hours straight about everything from corn subsidies to fractals, childhood pranks to careers. And when he called me out on a fact or challenged an argument I just wanted to kiss him because I was so happy that I'd found someone who could keep up with me both physically and intellectually! Somehow though that inexperience trait wasn't part of the package deal.

• Probably. I finished my masters in computer science early and I learned C++ a few years ago. I've been doing some programming here and I'm using the money I got from that to go get my doctoral degree in computer science over in Tokyo. I had to finish up the D&D I was running before I left.

I leave tomorrow, but I can't say I'll miss too much about this country.

• Haha, a DM... damn what a catch!

• Unfortunately my ex didn't see things that way, she said I was empty, a self-loathing narcissist and unable to relate to other people in any meaningful manner. Then again she was a slut and was sleeping with my roommate lol

What Girls Said 23

• I'm sure they are.

My best friend is really gorgeous and that's all she dates ^^

It would be nice if he had you know confidence, and is fit and all. But as far as him being into " nerdy" things or whatever his nerdy quirk may be - the girl will probably not mind. It's probably what attracted her in the first place.

Sexual experience isn't a huge issue I believe amongst women. Actually, I don't think it's something that's too stressed amongst many people. As far as social status - everyone's varies so, I don't think it would be too much of a problem.

• I <3 nerds lol

• A nerdy guy with a hot body is basically my ideal guy.

• This is many women's dream. Who cares about social status or sexual experience if your man is hot with a brain? The best of both worlds!

• Let me introduce you to Seth Cohen from The OC... enough said. ;-)

• Hmm...ya know the picture that I have in my head comes nothing close to a nerd. Uh-huh, not a bit. ;)

More from Girls
18

What Guys Said 7

• I basically fit that description exactly... Quite tall, tanned and a bit muscular, especially compared to some of the nerdy friends I have. Apparently it was enough for my girlfriend to ask me out, so it certainly worked for me.

• Why are you only concerned with hot women? Its really the opinion of all women you are looking for right? And it would be dumb to just restrict yourself to hot women. I don't know what you look like and I don't know if you are out of their league or whatever, but restricting yourself to the top 1% or so of the population is not smart.

• Typically the most unattractive guys only limit themselves to the most attractive. Then they complain and make questions like this in regards to why they aren't noticed.

• I just think that limiting your dating pool in any way outside of your preferred gender and really unattractive individuals is a bad idea. When you really can't judge how others will perceive your own attractiveness, how can you limit yourself to only really attractive partners? It doesn't even matter if you've been with hot girls before, I think I speak for everyone by saying that we are all attracted to more than just the hottest guy/girl

• In your 20s no, in your 30s yes.

• Are we talking Sheldon and Leonard nerdy?

• No I mean more like Will Wheaton LOL

• Not really, but some will say they do to sound compassionate. :)

More from Guys
2