Guys: Beautiful vs Hot?

It seems to me that guys use hot/sexy and beautiful/pretty in totally different circumstances. While my very flirty friend is called "hot", my boyfriend calls me "pretty". I have asked my guy friends and they say that hot has a slutty or negative connotation. Is this true? Or is hot simply a way to describe someone who is more attractive than a beautiful person? Hope you gentlemen (and ladies) can unlock this mystery!

Most Helpful Guy

• Kk so the way I see it is

Hot/Sexy is pure attraction (generally just appearance) but sometimes it could be a slutty/hot action/saying. Eg. Megan fox bent over car in transformers screams sexy.

Cute/pretty/gorgeous is generally more than things you do or a more innocent appeal/appearance. Eg. a girl smiling at her phone when she receives a funny text message is really cute, or sometimes a girl will give you a look just for you, which I would generally call gorgeous.

Hope that helps

What Guys Said 5

• Hot isn't a negative thing, but most of the time I would guess the compliment is based on someone personality.

As in, I wouldn't call a shy girl 'sexy' on our first date,

So, there is a difference, but either way, its all positive =)

(btw, you are very beautiful)

• When you are really into a girl for personality etc. She is beautiful and pretty even if you also like her looks. To me when a girl is smart and nice she is also sexy because it turns me on. When you just like the way a girl looks she is hot.

• Actuallly hot is below beauty . like hot /Sexy < Beautiful / Pretty

• I normally think of a girl as "hot" if I'm physically attracted to her. If she's beautiful or pretty, she's still attractive, but there's a little something else there that I can't describe. It's always a good thing. "Hot" is purely physical, while the other two imply a little something more. Nice cello, by the way.

• The truth is that it doesn't matter. Take any compliments you can get and roll with it.

What Girls Said 0