Why do looks mean so much to guys?

Wondering why looks is the main things guys look for in a girl ...

Most Helpful Girl

• "Men are more visually oriented because given the males best ‘impregnate and leave’ reproductive strategy, the best criteria for selecting genetically desirable females were primarily visually observable physical attributes. For a male who engaged in a typical ‘impregnate and move on‘ strategy only young, strong, fast, and healthy, females had a chance of surviving pregnancy and protecting the offspring without him."

link

• not males moved on. many animals mate for life.

• Doesn't mean the base instincts all but disappeared, yo.

• I think human males had two strategies 'impregnate and leave' as much as possible, combined with falling in love and raising children with the most promising woman.

The most promising woman is the most healthy looking one. Men tend to marry the best looking woman they can get, men who have affairs, the affair women are usually _less_ attractive.

Anyone, its just instincts. At the most base level, men see women as sex objects, women see men as power objects.

What Guys Said 3

• I think guys are looking for pleasure at the outset. But isn't everyone? We all want pleasure as opposed to pain when interacting with other people.

Talking can be pleasurable if the person's fun. Looking can be pleasurable if the person's attractive. We often look before we talk, so pleasure from looking often comes first.

• But what if you get to know a girl and you like her personality better then her looks . Does that change the "story"..

• I'm so glad to hear it! You're very welcome! :)

• :D

• looks are most definitely not the most important thing for me, obviously I have to be attracted to someone physically but there's so much more to a person than their appearance.

• Well, because guys don't need other people for anything else. Guys don't need much to be happy. What they do need, they can provide for themselves. Guys don't need to find a girl to provide for him, or to take care of him, or to support him for the rest of his life.

When it comes to friendships and social company, guys prefer other guys. Guys have less drama, they're less emotionally needy, and they enjoy the same things. Minimal cost and effort to maintain that relationship, and maximum return and benefit. It just doesn't make sense to have female friends.

So, what on earth are girls useful for? They're useful for sexual fun, and kids. Guys don't want their kids to look ugly, and they can't get hard and have fun sexually with someone ugly. So, when guys look at girls, looks matter.

What Girls Said 3

• It's in their nature. There's scientific proof that guys are visual creatures. . guys are visual, they see something pretty they like it, basic instinct. Women like to hear and touch things. When you think about it it's absolutely true! I like to hear things from my boyfriend I want him to touch me at the right spots, while he likes to look at me.

• the world really is obsessed with beauty, don't you know? that's why we have all those miss beauty contests. And do we have mr beauty contests? Not as much because girls know guys like good looking girls so girls try to show off.

• I mean I guess it pretty much comes down to would you rather look at someone you're not attracted to but have a lot in common with and be more likely to cheat on them with someone you find attractive or would you rather be with someone you find attractive and have a little less in common. You can't have love with someone if you're not physically attracted to them