Phantom scar? what?

I have this, eye that's not 100% anymore and around it feels pretty light, but the weird thing is, ever since I was young it felt as if I had a scar across my face, over my right eye.. it just really feels as if something's supposed to be there and feels weird when I feel around my eye and there's nothing there..

Anyone ever had something like this, or still has?

Most Helpful Girl

• I know what your talking about (I think) Our nerves and other stuff under our skin (the stuff we can't see) are all connected, so sometimes, say you injure your foot, your hip will hurt.. Is your "scar" numb feeling? maybe you had a surgery when you were young that caused it or maybe its a birth defect.

What Girls Said 4

• I can't say I have, but I can tell you this.

We had some war veterans come to my middle school once, and he had only half a leg on one side, but he said that sometimes he can feel an itch, where there is no longer a limb.

So, confused by this, and slightly scared...i was young, it didn't make sense...lol, I went and had an interesting conversation with my brother (who is a doctor) and he told me that it is very common for people who have lost a limb, to still be able to feel it, or in this guys case, an itch. Just because the leg is not there, doesn't mean the nerves have, and they still react the same.

If you really want to know, ask your parents (that's if you haven't already) they are the ones with a possible answer to this.

• I would think it was an actual neurological problem. Something with the nerves that is affecting your eye. Especially if it's gotten worse over time. Bilberry extract pills work wonders for eyesight.

• oooo maybe something in a past life. Like you were in a war and got an eye boo boo. :D Think of the possibilities!

• Funny that you bring it up xD crossed my mind a few times aswell :)

It's fun to think about it ye, so many ways it could've happened in a past life :P

• Me and my best friend have the same birthmark so she and I makes jokes that she was a man in her past life and we were married xD

• That's cute.

• There's a mental map of nerves in your brain that identifies your bodily awareness. Yours is a little off, registering a scar where there isn't one. This happens to some people, like those that have lost limbs will still register the presence of it and get a "phantom itch". Or people won't register their toe, for example, and it will weird them out to have it at all because it will feel "alien". So you're OK, it's a pretty well documented thing, and you're not crazy.

What Guys Said 3

• I have a scar on my chest that started on my stomach from when I was 12 years old and as I grew taller it moved up to just under my heart and it now looks like a bullet scar, I was speaking to a friend who studies dreams and connections of past lives and she told me its possible it is a wound from a past life that has come back and then it hit me I had a vivid dream I was in WWI as a paratrooper and when I jumped I was shot in the chest on my way down to the ground and when I thought about it really kinda set me back. I know what your saying man it screws with your head

• Sounds like damaged neurons. Your nerves are connected similar to a ladder. If the bottom rung gets broken and you try to climb down it you'll try to take the last step but nothing is there. That's what you're brain is doing with electrical signals.

• I have not. Is it possible that as a baby you may have scratched your eye? I had done that when I was an infant.