Guys: what height do you find 'attractive' for a girl?

I'm quite short and I always have to look up at the guys, shorter people don't really stick out in a crowd which sucks :'(

so do guys care if girls are short? what's the limit in height difference?

Oh oh oh! Do you notice shorter girls when you're out or taller ones? .. fingers crossed.
I'm 5'2 and right now I feel on top of the world. ! :D

Most Helpful Guy

• I love short girls. I think they are way more attractive than taller women by far.

• All depends really. There are some gorgeous taller women out there but Overall I've always been attracted to both but mostly short girls.

• This really is sorta depressing for me... I'm 5'7" and I've alway wished I was short...

• 26d

@Nina365 and i always wished to be taller :/btw i'm 5'2"

What Guys Said 57

• I prefer a girl who won't be taller than me no matter what pair of shoes she wears in her wardrobe, so accounting for that fact, I'd prefer girls who are shorter than 5'11".

However, the most attractive height to me is 5'3". 53 is my lucky number, but that height is just plain adorable. My eyes are far more attracted to short girls than tall girls; it's just plain cute. Tinier is usually better.

And for posterity: I'm 6'3". Like most men answering this question, apparently.

• haha your answer made me laugh just because my favorite/ lucky number is 52, oh well just one number off :)

• I find it interesting when I (a 6'2" tall guy) is able to converse with a woman who is my height when wearing flats or tennis shoes.

However, I must admit that I'm attracted to shorter women, especially since my wife is 4'10" tall. Physically, we still accomplish everything that a married couple should, despite our height difference, so in that regard I don't see how your height would really matter much to a prospective suitor.

• I'm 6'3 and for reasons beyond my control I'm insanely attracted to short chicks. Anywhere from around 5'1 to 5'4 to perfect.

• I'm a tall guy so I prefer taller girls, there's no 'height requirement' for me though lol, I'm not an amusement park ride. If I like a girl it doesn't matter what height she is.

• smaller is better

• There are advantages to both, but I'm more commonly attracted to short girls.

I'm 6'3".

I'd date a sub 5' girl for sure (if I were single!). It would seem a little kinky, but whatever ;)

• I love tall girls. If she's taller than me it's no problem at all. It's hard to come by girl like that when I 6'1" and they still like taller guys.

Short girls are fine too. I don't discriminate based on height, despite preferring tall girls. The little ones are nice and portable; they're easier to pick up and run off with.

• I'm embarrass to say this but as long as when I hug the girl, I can either put my chin on top of her head, or I can lean my head on hers, that's very good for me. Love doing that.

• Theres advantages and disadvantages to height differences. I'm 5'10 and I've been really attracted to some girls who were over 6'. I've never dated one but I am curious to do so.

Sort girls who are less than 5'4" are fun in the bed during sex because they can move around much more easily and you can change positions faster. That's a good reason to date short girls, so don't give yourself a hard time.

I often enjoy girls being between the height of ~5'4" and 5'7" because when we hug, I can hold her close to me and rest my head on top of hers. I can also easily kiss her without having to bend down too far, and she doesn't have to move her head up much either.

When a girl is shorter, she's much easier to dance with as well.

• The girls I've dated up to this point were all a bit shorter then I am, the tallest would've been around 5'8" which I found to be ideal, being 6' myself I have no problem at all dating shorter girls. I would actually prefer dating someone a shorter then I am, although I do love tall girls, such long legs... Yum.

When I'm out, I really don't notice one type of girl over the other when it comes to height. Looks and personality always shine through in the grand scheme of things. And hey, big things come in small packages right? Guys notice girls regardless of their height, so don't worry about it too much.

• Honestly I like women at all heights. But, I figured Id throw out an answer since I recently started hanging out with a girl whos 4' 10. I'm 6'. She's really cool, and I like hanging out with her, but the height difference is kinda a pain. I either have to hunch over to kiss her as she stands on her tippy toes or just pick her up. That said- she's still really cute.

• Lol I knew this is how things would go with two people of these heights. A lot of people tell me it *isn't* a pain for two people with a height difference as large as yours with this girly to kiss etc., but I never believed that to be true haha. I'm really short too which is why I always ask if it's hard to date someone a lot taller or shorter than you.

• Short girls are cute, honestly I prefer anything from my height downwards but have a preference for under 5'10 so deffinitly shorter than that is very fine by me

• short girls do stick out lol, I like the difference in height :)

• Im 5'7 and would say I would that anyone from 5 to 6 foot, maybe even a bit shorter if I really liked her. Height is a biggerdeal for women than men (generally speaking)

• i LOOOOVE short girls. I notice them more than any other girl. I am 5'10" btw.

• I prefer taller girls 5'6-5'10, I am 6'1.5. I find it weird dating a shrimpkin

• I would say my range is about 5' to 5'8". I'm 5'11" and I don't mind dating a 5'11" girl, only if she was really comfortable with someone her height. But I don't really want someone taller. It's just awkward.

Unless the girl is really short or really tall, I don't notice a 5'3" girl anymore than a 5'8" girl.

• Although it doesn't actually matter, I like short girls a lot. Even shorter than five feet is perfectly fine by me.

And eh, the only way I'd care about height is in an extreme. Like if she's literally a giant or something. Wouldn't wanna have to climb up her to yell in her ear or any such nonsense, haha.

• I'm 6'1" and I dated a girl 6'... didn't like it at all. Love the shorter girls 4'10" - 5'7"

• I am most attracted to girls around my height (around 6'0). I find it very attractive to be at the same eye level as a girl. But there is no height requirement for the girls I end up liking. If I fall for a girl, her height is what I'll find as attractive, whether she is 4'11" or 6'7". I notice all females when I'm out, regardless of height.

• 4'10'' - 5'4''

• I don't mind height at all to be honest, but I like girls around 5'7 that are tall but not too tall you know.

• I'm five foot seven, finally someone who finds that kind of height attractive, I thought for a while it was like the worst cause it wasn't TALL or SMALL.

• short girls are awesome

• I'm most attracted to girls who are around 5'0. But as long as she is no taller than 5'6 and no shorter than 4'8 or so, then its fine.

• I find shorter to be more attractive...but that in no way will affect a relationship. That is to say, no matter if she's shorter or taller, she has the same chance.

• As long as she is below 6 foot, it's all good :)

• All heights on girls are good. The only problem is that with tall girls I could get intimidated by their height. If I had to choose a height, I'd choose short.

• @Update: Awesome haha! 5'2 is a good height, and I'm really glad you feel on top of the world :D

• 5'2 - 5'5 ft

• 181 cm is not a pretty small guy! I know many guys about that height : )

"I also think that taller girls aren't too fond of guys my size." <-- that's not true : ) I'm 170cm (5'7 ? ) and to me your height is just as good as a guy who is 190+ cm, maybe better!

• hmm, good to know.

• Short height doesn't really bother me, tbh. I'm 6'2" myself, so my girl should be no taller than probably 5'11" (I like it when they wear heels :D ). But no smaller than 4'10"! :)

• I'm 6' 3" , so the majority of girls look shorter to me. People who are shorter then average stand out more to me, but height plays no part in me being attracted to someone.

• I like 5'6" and up, my Girlfriend is 5'8" and I'm 6 ft.

• More from Guys
    27

What Girls Said 24

• One thing that helped me get my part time job was my height. The manager who interviewed me really likes short employees which end up always being girls. I was hired on the spot .He teases us about our height and finds it funny when our height makes it hard to do normal jobs. Like when we can't see over huge stacks if menus or have to climb to reach things most employees can reach with no issue. but we annoy him back. Once we told him to stop pissing off all his short workers at once or he'd be like gulliver :D I've also had guys I've dated find my shortness very interesting and cute. Like on movie dates guys often are suprised how little space I take up in the chair. And on dates where there is food, they think it's cool I eat more than they would think. I'm not a pig but People expect super tiny people to eat almost nothing

• My boyfriend thinks anyone shorter than him is short, haha. He's 6'1" or 6'2", so he's tall-ish but I know several people who are taller by more than a few inches. I'm 5'6", which is slightly above average for a girl in the US, and he thinks I'm short. =P But at like 7-8 inches shorter, I guess I am to him. Especially considering his ex-wife is like 5'11", haha.

• that is over average for a American female

• Isn't that what I said? Lol, 5'4" is average for women in America. I'm 5'6" which is slightly above, but not considered tall. I would say 5'8" and above is tall for a woman in the US. My mom is 5'10", which is considered tall.

• if I didn't need to be tall for my job I would love to be shorter. I'm 5'9'' and in heels I tower over a lot of guys! you're lucky! lol

• being tall looks fun

• yeah its alright, but I sometimes get bad posture slouching from when I was younger I hated being so tall cos I really stuck out, buti guess there are pro's and con's to everything :)

• I think thin girls look better tall, and curvier girls look better short.

• not really true

• I agree

Tall thin girls are envious and short curvy girls are ridiculously sexy

• i think guys like smaller girls... and think about it... you get to wear heels all you want & you'll never embarrass your boyfriend by being taller than him xD

• my boyfriend says he likes the fact I'm naturaly socially awkward around others... he likes that I'm strange

• hha. what does that have to do with your height? lol, not trying to be rude.

• oh sorry, I think I clicked the link to the wrong question, sorry, but I'm 5'3", guys are usualy attracted to women shorter than them, my boyfriend is about 6 inches taller then me even though we only have a year and a month separating us.

• hha don't worry about it :) I think that judging from this whole question thing a LOT of girls are short so most men will get a short girl but wouldn't mind a taller/average height as long as the guy is still taller. ?

• I'm short (only about 5' or 5"1") but guys of all height seem to love it! They say they love petite girls so I haven't had a complaint. I think as long as your confident within yourself and guys think you're cute it really shouldn't matter what height you are.

• I think both can be beautiful. :] I'm 5'6...and sometimes I wish I was shorter..because I feel a bit..awkward with my height. lol. But, I've seen girls that are 5'11 and know how to work their height.

• From my personal experience the tall guys to really tall like 1,90m 6'2 or over tend to go for short girls...i am 5 feet and most guys that were into me were over 5'90 1,80m... I think it might be a balancing thing I don't know but usually if a girl is average to tall she goes for a guy around her height but I don't see myself with a guy that is short like we would be a couple of hobbits you know lol

• True, but all the height ratios would work out if short girls dated sort guys, average girls dated average guys, and tall girls dated tall guys. My aunt and another one of my close friends are both 6'1" and they are so ostracized by men that it so sad. The worst was when my friend got really nervous about a shortish guy that she was into when he asked her out on a date. He said that they might be going to a party later that evening, and that there was a bit of a theme so she should wear green

• I really don't know why everyone thinks tall girls don't have many dating options. Guys love tall girls. Or maybe it's just where I'm from. I think when it comes to height the only people who have trouble are short guys. I've never heard of a tall girl complaining about not being able to get a date. I know many tall girls who have scores of guys after them.

• Cute hobbits kids yeah but I have a feeling I Will have boys and short boys suffer I don't want that for my kids you know...well its harder for tall girls because there are many guys shorter than them and I don't think girls like to be taller than the guy... I did wish I was a bit taller too I wear heels all the time

• Glad to see 4'10" seems to be the magic height =) haha

• I'm 6'1 (185cm) in flats and I'm 17 D: I personally prefer taller guys, but there appears to be a significant lack of them in Australia... hopefully I've stopped growing by now :')

• Loving the answers from the guys right now since I'm just over 5ft.

• I'm 5ft 6 and this makes me feel like I will never have a boyfriend 😕I wish I was shorter..

• Well the average height (around the world) for males is 5'7 and for females is 5'4

• I'm 5'2 n have many 5'8 to 5'10 guy n girlfrnds so i fell short but I think short grls rock n if not then we can't do shit with our heights as it depends on genes!!! So y wrry about somethng we can't control!! JUS ROCK (W)

• Being 4"10 i would not like to have more tall guy..!

i m man with 5'11" and i really like shorts girls like u. wana b my frnd , plz?

• I'm 5'1 &I've dated guys who were taller then me once when I was sixteen I dated a guy who was 6'2 and I was 4'11 I prefer my men tall

• I think all the girls on this page are lucky. I'm a 15 year old girl and I'm 5'11 1/2".

• I feel you! I'm 6'1 and 17 years old, makes social interaction a little uncomfortable at times :S

• Well,it depends hun but most people love petite one but not all so you don't need to worry because if a guy really loves he will accept you for who you are :))

My boyfriend is 5'10 1/2inches and I am 5'2 at times I wear flats but I am really fascinated in heels that's why I'm wearing 4inches heels so I'm like 5'6 and it depends he didn't bend when kissing me because I wear heels which is advantage :) He loves my height I'm just in average kinda short but at least not less than 5... always think that there are tall girls who wants to be a shorter one so I guess its fair enough just be happy and be proud of who you are because GOD will never give it to you if its not belongs to you.Godbless Goodluck ;-)

• Naw, thanks :)

• youre welcome my dear ;-)

• I'm 5'3 woo! ;)

• m 5.9 @ response: : / lol

• I'm also 5'9", this post makes me feel inferior, like I de-man a guy because I am so talll...plus the guy I'm dating this Saturday is barely 5'7"...FML

• exactly...m a little disappointed..but I am past that feeling of awkwardness, you get used to it.

short guys and tall girls are in the same boats. unfortunately.

• ohmygoodness, there is nothing wrong with tall girls. I am in love with male models and most of them are tall so I've always felt like I was given the short end( literally). You girls are lucky to be tall, seriously .

• My boyfriend is 6'4" and 280 lbs. (he was a lineman in high school) and I'm 5'4" 140 lbs.

Hes a whole foot taller than me, and we are fine.

He actually says he likes the cute little pettite girls better.

and what are you? 16? your not even done growing yet.

• Hha, I did gymnastics as a kid so I stunted my growth a bit. I haven't grown any taller since I was 13 :/ and I've tried stretching and everything.

• Well damn, the giants of GAG have spoken and the kid girlfriend phenomena is still in full affect. Amazing. I wouldn't worry girlie it seems as though you have a smorgasbord of men to choose from -- and from real life experience I'd have to say it's true short girls finish first. Consistently. Once you get into the 5'8"+ territory you simply become a fetish item for short guys with napoleon complexes and the errant fairytale of a guy you won't have to bend down to kiss with or without a pair of heels on. Tres unfortunate.

• I am sorry, but I have to ask, are you from Sweden? :D

• That's not fair. Not all of us short guys have napolean complexes.

• This I freely admit, however I find that the short guys who feel the need to bag a tall 'trophy' girlfriend often do. Just my personal experience -- I have many shorter guy friends that are wonderful people that I wouldn't ever consider to have napoleon complexes. I am however greatly amused by the short men who puff up their chest tell me how fantastic they are and then ask me out on a date. I once made the mistake of sypathetically saying yes thinking it couldn't be that bad... mistake.

• I'm not a guy BUT I'm 4'9" and haven't dated a guy under 5'10" since 8th grade. I prefer guy to be at least a foot taller than me. My boyfriend is a foot and 10" taller than me. So I think it depends on their height. I think the shorter the girl the manlier some guys feel. Like I got stuck (not really stuck...just scared) on the kitchen counter looking for pineapples and he had to come get me down so it's probably an ego boost or something idk.

• wow your guy must be really tall, he's a foot and 10 inches taller than you? that's really really much taller than you. My guy is 6 inches taller than me and I'm 5'3

• Whoa! You are mini sized lol

I bet y'all are a cute couple.

• Yeah we are pretty good lookin! lol. Hopefully the kids see like around 5'6"-6'4" not too big, not too small.