How can I dress my best without people talking about me?

I love fashion and everything, but sometime I go to different clothing site to see how to dress up my style. I wear the same style every time. jeans and regular t-shirt. I wanna get out of that. I want to build up my style with heels and look classic but how if people talk about girls wanting attention.

Most Helpful Girl

• PFFFT Unless you're going to walk out the door with two leaves and a G-string, I don't think people are going to start accusing you of being attention-needy.

Since when was it a crime to look FABULOUS?! :D

If it'll make you feel more at ease. you can try easing into your new found style. Liiike heels one day. then. dress up your top half. then. BABAM. :] Pretty woman~ Walkin' down the streeeet

What Guys Said 4

• Dress in a way that you feel comfortable regardless of what others say. That comes before all else.

HOWEVER

Being fashion-conscious makes you look like you have expensive tastes, which in the minds of most translates to being a high maintenance spoiled brat, so it may hurt you if you're looking for a guy.

• Who cares what the other girls think about how you dress. If you are confident in what you wear you won't care about what they say. If you think you look good in it then wear it. I love confidence in a woman. If they are talking down on you for what you are wearing then they are probably jealous. Not all the time but it does happen.

• Dont dress flashy, just dress casual but well dressed.

• Simply feel better about it all. They're all gelous about how you put yourself together. Say something like "I guess if you want me to look more like you. you'd better be the ones wishing you'd chosen to dress like me."

What Girls Said 7

• there's a difference between wanting to look your best and being an attention hog and you can be dressy and sexy without looking slutty. I dress up every single time I leave the house, from fitted dark-wash jeans and a silk top or blouse to wearing a silky or lacy dress with heels. I don't do it for the attention, though I do appreciate complements (which I get a lot of from guys and girls), I dress up because I feel good about myself, so why wouldn't I want to look my best, even if I'm just grocery shopping or going to the post office or taking my dog for a walk. do what makes you feel beautiful, screw what everybody else thinks, just be confident. you're 22, you aren't in highschool anymore (at least I hope not) it's time to act like a grown up and do things for you, not for other people, so don't even worry about them :)

• you can't help that some people like to diss people and mean naturally but I'm into fashion as well. I would try to personalize it. I like fashion not because I want to get attention, I'm sure you know that too, I just want to look nice ;*)

• I wear my clothes according to my mood, like if I feel like rockin out ill straighten my hair and have my bangs go over both eyes with dark skinny leg jeans an a funny shirt or hannah montana lookin one (you knoe: tacky but cute) just express yourself :D I have a long green skirt that I hated so much so I pulled it up, put on a clencher belt, a black jacket, black heels, a bulky necklace an rocked it like a strapless dress. its always my weirdest creations (yes creations not outfits) that I get compliments on. GO CRAZY! its all about thinking outside the L7 XP besides don't think of what other people say, you bought ur clothes an should enjoy wearing them whether others do or dont. jus wear what makes you feel good, cus when you feel good, you gain confidence, and when ur confident, people respect you

hope I helped :3 ps: some girls jus talk about someones clothes cus they can't pull it off

• dress the way you want to dress..who cares about what others think. You are what/who you are and you should never be ashamed to express yourself in anyway that you deem fitting.

Besides if you feel and look good, your confidence will shine through, and confidence is a powerful substance. Others will see that confidence and probably like it. If someone says something about the way you look, just take it as jealousy, as there is no reason why someone would say anything nasty to a confident, well dressed woman.. So go on and dress to kill, and be you...

• trust me

people are always gonna talk no matter what

if someone looked like shit, they are gonna talk

if someone looked fantastic, they are gonna talk

thats the world for you, no matter what you wear, what you do, there is someone that is gonna try and pull you down...but don't let it

try not to be the kind or girl that cares what other people think, because your gonna be too worried bout what other people think and not worry bout what you think..

jealousy is everywhere, just don't let it get to you...

• I use the excuse that I have a job. My job as a dress code. I have to go to work after this.

I think a lot of people use wild style to get noticed, when you live in a city where there are tons of people. It's harder to get noticed in a big place, and it's more acceptable. It's harder to have a sense of fashion in a small group of people.

• There's nothing wrong with getting attention for the way you dress as long as you look cute and not trashy. Start slowly. Take the regular jeans and t-shirt and try skinny jeans, cute shoes and a jazzy shirt. Add accessories that stand out if your clothes are kind of understated.

If your outfit is basic maybe you want to wear them in brights to stand out.

And do your hair! I hate when someone has a hot outfit on and their hair looks off. They might as well not even have done the outfit. Hair is the finisher =)