The eyes never lie. Do you believe in this saying?

Do you believe in the saying "The eyes never lie"? Why or why not?

Most Helpful Guy

• I do. Because oftentimes eyes cannot disguise your true feelings unless you're a good actor. Looking carefully at the person's eyes can even tell you whether he is really interested in what you are talking about or not. You can see that in the size of the pupils. If they're small than he's just pretending, but if they're enlarged, then he is all with you. It has been proved that the muscle responsible for the size of pupils cannot be consciously controlled, so your saying has even been scientifically proved. :)

What Guys Said 8

• Yes, it's true. That's why some women wear so much eye make-up. it's not trying to look beautiful, it's so you have a hard time reading their eyes!

• People reveal a lot with their eyes, so this can definitely be true at times.

• Only if you can read them.

• No. People can deceive with their eyes as well as their words.

• Yeah, it's true. I can tell a lot about how a person is generally feeling by looking at their eyes.

• Eyes never lie? Never heard this what does it mean?

• really depends if you could read eyes well or not and also if that person is a good actor or not

• Yes, seeing is believing.

What Girls Said 7

• Because if a person is saying something and they're lying they immediately look up to the right. Why? Because that's where their right brain is. The creative side that can think of a good story. If they're telling the truth they'll look to the left. Their logical side.

• Somewhat

• There is some truth to that saying for 2 reasons:

- a person who is lying will naturally want to not look at you in the eyes

- a liar will also blink a lot more often than when she is telling the truth

Of course someone who has had practice might be able to lie without doing either of these things.

• They say "the eyes are the windows of the soul", so going by this...then yes the saying is true

• No, eyes never tell the truth either.

• don`t believe in it becaue I think some people are so false that they don`t care if they lie and they tell lies like it was the truth

• I'm MORE likely to look someone in the eyes when I lie. I don't look around or blink a lot. I have physical tells and my voice changes. So no I don't believe the saying