Do mothers discourage their uglier daughters from wearing slutty clothing?

If you were a mother or in your own experiences, do you think mothers discourage their more "uglier" or average looking daughters from wearing "revealing" or sexy clothes? And the more attractive daughters are permitted to wear those types of clothing?

What's your opinion? Do pretty girls usually tend to wear revealing clothing?

0|0
8|2

Most Helpful Girl

• all girls no matter if they are ugly or pretty wear revealing clothes at one point or another...so I don't think that's a factor

1|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• I wouldn't want my daughter to look slutty whether she was attractive or not (but I believe that all my children will be beautiful in my eyes :P). But yes, I think prettier girls feel more comfortable in their appearances and so they don't mind wearing more revealing clothing. That's not always the case though, obviously.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nah, I highly doubt there is really any correlation there.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 7

• I don't think it would matter how pretty their face is but my daughter would have to have the body for whatever revealing clothes she wanted to wear. No flab etc because I don't want her to embarass herself. Of course I wouldn't want her to look like a slut, I think one revealing piece with other normal pieces makes the perfect outfit. Like short shorts and a dolman top or a tank top with Bermuda shorts or a skirt. Hope this helps!

1|0
    0|0
  • I never thought about it until now, but I see this in my family. My younger sister, who is much prettier than I, is allowed to wear short shorts and very low cut tops that her boobs spill out of. However, if I try to leave the house in shorts and a tank top, my mother tells me to change into jeans or put on a hoodie.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would think a parent wouldn't want any of their daughters to look slutty...

2|0
    0|0
  • On the contrary; I would encourage my uglier daughter to dress sluttier to make up for looks!

Seriously though, if I were a mother I'd let my daughters dress however they wanted to. Besides, I don't think any mother finds her child ugly. Thus the expression "face only a mother could love".

0|0
    0|0
  • I think as a mother I would treat and dress my daughters equally.

1|0
    0|0
  • It really depends on how the mom wishes to parent her kid...

0|0
    0|0
  • If a mom does this, she's probably jealous of her daughter. I never noticed my mom was jealous but she wouldn't let me wear certain things that revealed more when my dad said I looked great. She wouldn't say, "that looks slutty" but she'd just tell me I didn't look good in what I was wearing. My dad sat me down one day and told me she does this because she's jealous because he started noticing I was self conscious when I shouldn't be. As soon as he told me that, things started changing, I became more confident and I'm living a happier life.

0|0
    0|0