Are scars on a girl unattractive?

I have quite obvious scars on my leg, they look like a tigers scatched me, that kind of iconic 3 lines if you can picture it. And a faintish one on my cheek ( but you can't see it when I have make up on) from when I fell through a glass door. A few guys ( that don't know the story behind them ) have asked what was it from etc and I'm worried that they maybe look more obvios than I think. Personally I quite like the ones on my leg.. as far as scars go. But is it something that could maybe make a girl more unattractive?

Most Helpful Guy

• Studies have shown that scars do NOT make people less attractive.

We are attracted to good looking people because we subconsciously believe them to have good genes. Scars do not indicate bad genes - in fact they sometimes show good genes, because you survived physical altercations etc.

So we haven't evolved to find scars unattractive.

What Guys Said 7

• Honestly, scars make for stories and give the look of a more interesting life.

Except for the self-harm ones, those you can tell and just make me shiver looking at

• It would not bother me, at all. A lot of us guys are covered in scars, for all sorts of reasons. I have more scars than you.

• F*** no. I'd totally run my finger across it while asking you about it in a flirty way. Then I'd be like, "Wanna see my scar?" AND RIP OFF MY SHIRT REVEALING MY SEXY TONED BODY AND YOU'D FALL IN LOVE WITH ME lol not really.

I do find scars attractive though.

• no it doesn't. to put it very simply lol

• ok cause one guy told me that the ones on my leg made me look butch, which obvs for him is a turn off :/

• well, a few guys might not like them, but to most they really wouldn't matter. If it does matter to a guy then he is obv not right for you and not worth it

• As long as they're not from cutting.

• I love scars. They always have a story behind them.

• Nah', scars are totally fine. I was with a girl who'd been in a car accident and her legs were covered in scars; didn't bother me one bit. She was still totally hot.

What Girls Said 4

• I definitely don't think so. I'd bet that people are more curious rather than trying to judge you when they ask about them. If you like them then embrace them and show them off. If a guy finds you unattractive because of them then he's obviously not right for you and isn't worth your time.

• I have a few and they're quite good conversation topics. Guys ask you about it and you tell them your heroic, excitement filled stories that will keep him wanting to know more... :P

"howd you get that scar?"

"cut my leg jumping over a ragged fence. "

"sh*t, your'e awesome"

Good Times

• When someone talks about scars all I can think is it is a story teller, like how the person got it.

easy convo [=

• I'd like to know too...

I have several scars, but I personally like them because it reminds me of certain events/people.

• thats exactly why I like mine!

• yeah I have one on my face (it's really faint now), I was really excited about my dad coming home ( he'd been away for a couple of months) and I was skipping up and down the hall waiting on him ( I was 5 and a massive daddy's girl) and I tripped and fell through one of the bottom panels of glass on an inner door. Outcome was that I had a really deep cut only required 13 stitiches though and I sliced my tragus in half. Altough at the time I was more gutted that I ruined my favorite pajamas

• Hahaha, that comment totally made my day :)

See? It's so interesting how one scar can make you remember that much. Plus, scars are awesome ways to keep conversations going with someone.

What happened sounds painful, but likewise, I was more upset about me losing the game (I never lose at hide-and-seek) than having the cut on my face.

And no worries, I was a big daddy's girl when I was five, too...still am actually ha ha :)