What do I talk with her without looking desperate?

I'm sitting in the cafeteria now and there is a girl on the table beside me who I'm attracted to. I want to approach her. What do I talk about with out looking desperate? Thanks.

If anyone from New York city wants to chat let me know because that's where I am :)

What Girls Said 2

• Be nice, try to not show you're nervous, smile at her. Don't ask too much questions and try to find out things you both have in common in order to have a good conversation.

• thanks, I think I blew it though as usual

• I explained it in the comments below. I have anxiety problems, I hate it. I can never keep up conversations for longer than a few minutes without getting very uncomfortable.

• I have difficulties in keeping conversations too. So, you aren't the only one.

• Just smile at her when she sits down at the table. I take it you know her name, so say her name & ask her how her day is going or something like that. Make a comment about some food item she's picked out. Talk about a mutual class, exam, assignment, teacher you have.

Most of all: Just take a deep breath, relax & be yourself. :-)

• Oh, you're at a university right now? O_O Say hey and introduce yourself. Ask her name & what she's studying. Keep it to small talk. Maybe ask her to borrow a pencil/piece of paper to initiate contact?

• I understand.

Comment gone. Better?

• thanks

What Guys Said 0