I wear a lot of black

My boyfriend doesn't like it. I am into the sub culture and all, but he wants me to change the way I dress. He wants me to wear more bright, preppy clothes. Should I?

Most Helpful Girl

• You should dress how you want to, and it shouldn't matter to him since he's supposed to like the person underneath the clothes. If you're okay with the idea of dressing differently, you could try it out for a day and see if you like it (his opinion aside). I think you should ask him why he wants you to change your style and why it matters so much to him. Hopefully this is the only thing he wants to change about you and doesn't turn into some sort of control freak.

What Guys Said 4

• You shouldn't change because anyone expects you to.

But you could ask him why he wants you to wear different clothes. He might have a reasonable explanation, even if you disagree.

But the final decision is yours.

• I don't get that. He met you when you was wearing black clothes. He asked you out when you was wearing black clothes, and now he wants you to change. That's why women get pissed at us. We meet a girl; we go nuts over her, and then we want to change the very thing that loured us to her in the first place. Sweety, do & be, what makes you happy.

• Maybe once in a while for him as a special treat, but you shouldn't change who you are.

• HELL NO! Stay true to yourself. If he wants you to change, than he doesn't like the real you.

What Girls Said 9

• Maybe he has genuine reasons fro saying it, maybe he doesn't.

Try it for a day at least then you can say you gave it a go. If you hate it as much as you're probably thinking you will then never do it again, I'm sure he'll accept it and if anything love you more for being so comfortable in your own skin.confidence is a turn on and knowing what you like/want is certainly that!

• Not if you don't want to. Your man should accept you the way you are, and if he doesn't it's time to talk about it.

• Nope. Say the way you dress is a way you express yourself. If he doesn't like YOU the way YOU are maybe he should date someone else. Please, don't change for someone else. Only change for you.

• Thats you're decision ask him why though.

• Were you wearing black clothes when you met him? I think you should dress the way you feel comfortable with. I'm wondering what else he will want you to change once you change your wardrobe around for him?

• Im not trying to get you mad but any guy that loves you can care less about what you wear.

• eww. why would you want to change for a guy like that?. Just do what makes you happy. If seeing your boyfriend makes you happy then go ahead. But! If it makes you really uncomfortable and unhappy then don't bother. Hope you will be happy in the end!

• no way.

• A guy that actualy likes you won't care what you wear or make you change. Don't do it.