Why can't we appreciate our natural beauty?

Why is it so wrong for a girl to have body hair? Why must girls use makeup? What are we making up for? The concept of beauty cannot truly exist through masking your real face.

I'd say something about guys, but hell they aren't expected to do all of the things women are like shave every inch of their body and what not.

But I'm not trying to complain about the double standards, but what I am complaining about is why must we go through so many unnatural processes to achieve what we already have?

Most Helpful Girl

• wish all guys were like you :)

What Girls Said 6

• Because its been drilled into our skulls by the media that we NEED all of this bullsh*t to be beautiful. That's why.

• Some girls do this because it makes them feel beautiful. The media has drilled expectations and how women should look into our brains and how to look so guys will like you and whatnot. And women not shaving is not beautiful.

• You say not shaving is not beautiful because it is what you learned from places like the media

• I don't think it's beautiful, because I do not like how my legs look when they are hairy. It grosses me out and that is something I didn't get from the media.

• link

Which way do you think these women look more attractive? Plain BEFORE or glammed up AFTER?

• Because being hairy is not naturally attractive

• Or do you say that because you're conditioned to think that way?

• No, it's unattractive. I hate body hair and the way it feels

• naturall is better all the way but cleanliness is a must ,we shave to stay clean

• Hair does not equal dirty.

• lol, You sound like my boyfreind.

hence I own no makeup, and refuse to shave down below.

says he likes me that way.

What Guys Said 5

• A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction. ~ Oscar Wilde

There are allot of things wrong with the world today. This one is probably one of the most regrettable (Along with the extinction of the Dodo Bird).

As another man, I hate Makeup, actually I'll post a question right now to women asking if they know what men think of make-up. Maybe I'll do one of what men think of make-up first...

Make-up is demoralizing. I agree it's terrible when girls cannot feel beautiful without it those things.

Again I'll reference the Dove Soap's natural beauty kick. (Look up Dove Evolution Wiki, and video on Youtube.)

The world has forgotten respect.

- Everything has an exception.

• Well, a lot of things are to simulate some other, natural thing.

Essentially, red lipstick, makeup around eyes etc mimic sexual arousal. When aroused, a woman's mouth is more red, her eyes are bigger, etc. Men, obviously, like that look. So makeup is faking that.

Personally, I like some pubic hair.

• because we have changed our concept of beauty little by little for hundreds and thousands of years and has now been ingrained in us.

• its about competition dude...like if you are playing sports and everyone else is roided out and you arent, you are gunna lose

• And if we weren't so vain we wouldn't need to compete

• ever watch animal planet? we are animals, our natural, instinctive goal is to compete for mates...that sense of competition will never, ever go away

• I prefer girls without makeup but pit-hair...