What size shirt to buy my boyfriend?

I want to get him a shirt from Abercrombie but I don't know how their sizes run or what he would be there. He is over 6 feet tall but very thin. Any ideas?

Most Helpful Guy

• Men's sizes don't fluctuate from brand to brand like women's do. An XL in cheap wal-mart brand crap is the same as an XL from A&F. Grab any old shirt from his dresser/closet and look at the size and buy him that. It doesn't matter that it's a different brand, because men's shirt sizes are based on your chest measurement in inches, and that is static from brand to brand

What Guys Said 1

• very thin and tall = large or xl

• what he said. Large might be short but xl might be baggy. Check his other shirts?

What Girls Said 3

• Either look at one of the shirts he already owns, or just keep the receipt in case it's too big/small.

My boyfriend is 6'2 and about 185lbs. He wears a large in every single shirt that he owns.

• i would say large but I doesn't matter because he can always exchange it for another size

• buy a M.

My guy is 135 pounds and 5'9 and he wants me to always buy him a medium.

You might buy him a large, but just ask him what size or look at some of his clothing size when he takes them off (whatever).