Eye contact in public?

i don't get it. when I see a guy who is good looking or interesting I might try to glance in his direction to encourage eye contact but sometimes guys just walk right past and don't make eye contact. I always had the impression that most guys usually make eye contact with girls. but I feel like its me. what could be the problem here? do guys even make eye contact these days? lol

Most Helpful Guy

• Just saw this question - and I have to say that even I didn't know that girls "encouraged us guys do give eye contact to girls" ... I'm very much guessing that most of these guys are very much unaware of these signals and games that women play; myself just learned about that girls send out signals just a few months ago, by reading about it in a book and then observing and finding out that it was really true (for over twenty years I was completely unaware that girls were sending signals - as you seem to indicate that you are doing)

What Guys Said 3

• They do, but the intimidation factor does play a role. Many guys are afraid these days. Maybe, they feel that you're out of their league.

• are you frequenting gay bars or something? lol

i feel the same way about you ladies, when I try to encourage eye contact they act like I don't exist or something :(

• No, you just haven't met me yet :) I always make eye contact with girls I find attractive. It's generally how I determine if they are at least slightly interested before I decide to approach them.

What Girls Said 5

• Have you rebuffed them before ie not looked when they were trying to make eye contact? I think that's true in my case and they react by doing the same...

• LOL. It's all about running game lol. I think that guys think that a girl, especailly one who is pretty, for them to look at her. What Iv'e heard is that when a guy doesn't look at a girl, it keeps the girl guessing or having the girl think that something is wrong with her. But don't worry about it lol.

• People tend to avoid contact with starngers caz its awkward and uncormfotable

• Guys tend to look away if I catch them staring because when I look at people I lok at their face making eye contact

• I think guys do that to me because I'm jailbait