Is it all about the looks?

This one is for the gals. When you're going out with a guy, do looks play a big part in who you go out with or do other personal attributes outweigh the looks?

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends. When you first get a crush on someone it's lust based. (Looks.) And that's usually for both genders. Though people can develop crushes for other reasons. (Maybe the person walks/talks a certain way, perhaps they've said something to someone that made you interested, etc.)

You have a few eye tag sessions and then you transcend into a different phase. Where you start to get to know each other (personality.) So I'd say that personality would be your biggest factor. I've known people that I wasn't attracted to on first glance, but eventually became more attracted to them the more I got to know the person. So I'd say yes. Sometimes attributes trump the looks. But every girl is different. I have lady friends that absolutely will not have anything to do with a guy if he isn't at least mildly attractive. I'm different, because I know that a serious relationship is based on so many different things, and sometimes good lucks just isn't enough to hide an ugly persona.

What Girls Said 7

• Personality matters way more than looks to me. Yes, I want to be physically attracted to my partner, but it doesn't matter how attractive someone is: if I don't like their personality, I won't be interested. And someone with a great personality generally becomes more physically attractive to me as I get to know them better.

• Personal attributes is more important for me. I want someone who I can keep a conversation with and who I am attracted to emotionally. I have to like a guys personality before I start wanting to go out with him. Physical attraction is nice, but if they have a bad personality everything goes down the drain. If I'm attracted to a guy emotionally, their physical aspects won't matter to me as much.

• It depends. Sometimes the less attractive guy can outshine the sexier guy cause he's nice. Doesn't matter if your Gerard Butler, if your a douche...I won't wanna be with you.

• Looks are very important, but a bad attitude can overshadow the sexiest man.

• 10% Looks 90% personality.

• I think looks are a big part because they are mostly what attracts you to that person but a hot guy that's an ass won't get all the ladies..so I would say 40percent looks and 60percent personality

• No. Personality if more important. I couldn't be with someone just because he had a pretty face

What Guys Said 0