I'm a fairly good looking guy but I have wrinkles. Do you think girls care that much?

I'm 27 and since I was about 24 started to get wrinkles around my eyes and they're really not that subtle anymore. Its brings my confidence way down and I think about it all the time. I'm a fairly good looking guy but I worry that as these become more and more noticeable girls won't be at all interested. I barely ever see anyone my age with the same problem which kind of says to me that I must stick out really badly. Do you think I'm massively over reacting?

Most Helpful Girl

• Looks aren't everything. An example- I met this guy not that long ago and I wasn't sure I liked his looks. I felt comfortable around him and everything though. And I felt that I wanted to get to know him. As I started to get to know him things changed a little, looks-wise. I don't see the same person I met awhile ago. And obviously his looks haven't changed. I just don't see what I saw before. I actually see him as cute now. I've got to know him and he's a great guy. I don't care how he looks, it wouldn't change how I feel. It's what's inside that matters. If a girl can't see who you are and only what's on the outside, she's not the right girl for you! Don't worry!

What Girls Said 10

• I'm 26 and am also getting a few lines underneath my eyes. I don't really care for them either, but they're from smiling :o) Everyone ages different and we'll all get them eventually. I doubt you stand out because of it, that's just your insecurity making you feel like everyone will notice. I bet they even look nice on you, distinguishing! No worries friend, sounds like your a good lookin dude, and a couple wrinkles won't change that. Also, men tend to age better than women too. ;o) I can say without a doubt that this will not make girls any less apt to be attracted to you.

• I have this psych teacher, who I would just f*** endlessly if I could. No really. I would just pounce him. When he smiles, he has that grin and it brings out wrinkles around his eyes. You would NOT believe how UNBELIEVABLY hot I find it. No, really. I'm dead serious. I think without his wrinkles, his smile wouldn't be the same. It just gives it that smirk a flirty edge.

So yeah. Own your wrinkles. I bet they're f***ing hot.

• i bet your psych teacher is a lot older than 27! I just worry that by the time I'm thirty I'll look about 35! my brother is 30 and looks way older

• So? How is that bad? Older men are really hot. Again, it's not something you can control. Might as well make the most of it, don't you think?

• oh you're right that any skin issues wrinkles or acne all affects our confidence level. You can use the coconut oil to massage it on your wrinkles. this helps get rid of the aging signs. drink lots of water; this will hydrate your skin prevent it from drying thereby make it wrinkle-free.

Good luck.

• No crow feet is common

• Thats really hot. Kinda George Clooney, I like.

• yes, you are massively over-reacting :p do NOT worry about this!

• thanks guys. I'm told fairly often that i;m good looking and I'm confident flirting with girls I like, but at the end of the day these things have no logical explanation. It just gets on my nerves so much as I don't wanna look way older than I am when half my mates are the same age and look 22.

• No eyes I think a lot of people have it

• Ya your overreacting don't worry a

• I googled images of Shaun White, and couldn't tell he had wrinkles...(unless the photos were 'shopped)?

I wouldn't worry about it. Odds are, people don't even notice, and if they do, it's not a big deal. I have a good many guy friends that are in their mid-twenties who are balding or have grey hair, and it doesn't bother me one bit...they're all still good-looking to me!

• thanks :) I can't post links on here but in a nut shell its that kind of skin that's typical of fair skinned people where the skin around your eyes is very thin. I'm sure you're right and I should stop caring but its just that I never ever meet people with the problem anywhere near the same as mine. my brother is kind of similar at 30 and looks way older. is this likely to be something girls will pick up on when they meet me?

• They might notice it upon meeting you, but if they judge you based on that, they're probably not the kind of girls you'd want to be with anyway!

• I think that when you have an insecurity, you tend to see it *far* worse than anyone else would. You're your own biggest critic they say, and it's true.

Honestly, some wrinkles wouldn't bother me if you're attractive otherwise. I would even think they're cute if they're visible just when you smile or laugh & it goes to your eyes. But I would suggest taking very good care of your skin from here on out. That means drinking plenty of water, using sunscreen everyday & checking into some anti-aging/wrinkle creams & serums at department stores if you don't want the wrinkles to get deeper & deeper.

• thanks. I have a pretty good track record regarding the girls I've been with but like you said I'm 'my own worst critic'. It just brings me down all the time and I even try not to look at them for more than a second in the mirror or I'll just end up getting stressed and angry about it. Some people say they'd barely noticed had I not pointed them out to it and others friends do notice and make the odd joke once in a while. Its so annoying because I barely ever see anyone with a similar problem.

• You're fixating on them wayyyyy too much. Instead of focusing on your wrinkles when you look in the mirror, pay attention to your good features (your eyes in general, your nose, mouth, nice teeth, good skin...whatever). And don't point them out to friends & whoever. People usually won't notice but they will if you make it a point to capitalize on them... Don't sweat it. Girls don't reject guys because of some premature wrinkles unless they're shallow bitches.

What Guys Said 4

• Quit smoking, use lotion, avoid sunburn, eat meat (collagen), get a face lift.

• Start now by putting moisturizer on everyday if you a really worried about it. I don't think it is as bad as you say it is but moisturizing will at least prolong the aging process. Also take Vitamin E everyday as it helps the collagen.

Check out Ponds Rejuveness.

• Do the Jack LaLanne face exercise series on Youtube. There are 30 of them, do 1 a day, every day. Then keep it up, just as you would with any exercise program.

• Oh man, you are over reacting! Genuine girls see past this, if they are bothered by a few wrinkles they are as shallow as a puddle and not worth it. Just be yourself, the right girls will like you no matter what. Good luck :)