Any tips for someone trying to grow beautiful long hair?

I am already using morocan hair oil hair mask twice a week. I ve changed my diet. daily I wet my hair and only comb it when I need to.I use aussie hair moose on the ends of my hair Because it makes it soft, and heat protect ant ( even though I don't use heat on my hair ever anymore) and I use a frizz control product from body shop:) I shampoo my hair every other day and condition all the time:) is there anything else I could do?

Most Helpful Girl

• Certain vitamins can help:

-Biotin.I do take these everyday,they do help.Unfortunately my hair is very curly so you can see the hair growth when I straighten it.It is known to help sin,hair and nails,but some people have said it can cause them to break out or worsen cystic acne.If you do begin taking Biotin pills,don't be freaked out when or if you pee highlighter yellow,biotin isn't toxic,it isn't fat soluble which means it does flush out.

-Fish oil pills.I started taking these last year when I cut my hair(above my shoulders) and it...ugh...stupid short hair.Anyways,my hair began growing faster,of course,hair does have a limit as to how fast it can grow per month.

I recommend staying away from pills that are directed towards "hair growth"

Hair is made up of water and protein.Every strand is 1/8 water I believe,so make sure you drink enough water to stay hydrated through out the day.

The best fruits and vegetables for hair are carrots,cucumbers,apples,bananas(1 a day,no more,too much sugar),avocado(no more than 2-3 a week),strawberries,tomatoes.

Best foods with protein are almonds,walnuts,oysters,salmon,soybeans(edamame) in moderation,tilapia,oatmeal.

If anything,try to remain stress free,eat healthy(fruits,vegetables and protein).

On a side note,yes massaging your scalp is said to help stimulation of blood flow,which can increase growth.Many native indian tribes use Jojoba oil while massaging.

So In short,my recommendation:

-Biotin pills.

-Fish oil pills.

-Drink enough water to stay hydrated.

-Take care of your hair externally.Shampoo,condition.

ADD:

-Avoid using shampoos and conditioners with sulfates. Got for "sulfate free"

-Avoid chemical processing such as hair coloring and relaxing

What Guys Said 2

• Don't cut it, works for me.

link

Love Fabio.

• Apply Virgin Coconut oil to your scalp once a week. Biotin supplements help too.

What Girls Said 21

• I wash my hair everyday. It really depends on your hair type though, like the thickness, length, and hair type. Like my hair gets oily if I don't wash it every day so everyday washing is fine for mine. But if you have normal or dry hair, then its really bad. Use a good qaulity condintioner, again depending on hair type use it everyday for dry hair or normal, and every other day for hair that gets lots of oils. When you blow dry your hair, use heat protectent and blow dry it upside down, Then on your blow dryer, it should have a cooling button. Use that when your finished, this seals the hair and makes it shiny. For the tips of your hair, use olive oil. you can use kitchen olive oil or by it from the body shop. Just use it on the tips though. This way as long as you keep the ends healthy, your hair isn't trying to repair them and using what would be used for growing more hair. Oh and don't dye it, big no no. This is my hair rutine and I have long shiny, hair that still has body (condintioner can really weigh hair down that's why I don't reccomened it for daily use) Get regular trims of course, just like 1/2inch to an inch. If you want to get straighter hair, when your blow drying, use a round brush at the end and use that, you can use it on cool setting but itll take longer. I find its better if you brush it more then less, and when brushing, brush the oppisite way of which the roots go, this makes your roots stronger. Wow that was a long paragraph but I got all my points across lol good luck!

• Wash your hair as lest as possible (so certainly NOT every day), but about 1 or 2 times a week, 3 times a week if you really must (because your natural oils prevent your hair from breaking and hence having split ends). I've never had split ends, but I did have dry ends. Use serum for the ends of your hair, but don't put any 'leave in' product on the rest of your hair. Just use mild shampoo and conditioner (but don't use the conditioner every time you wash your hair - use it about every 2 weeks).

And get a regular trim every 3 months.

Good luck =)

• I am just curious why everyone is saying here not to use leave in products? I read the back of the aussie moose and I ve done research I know chemical build up is bad but if I am washing it out and leaving my hair natural a lot why is it a bad thing?

• even if you wash it out those chemicals are not good for hair growth, usually natural is best for hair health and health in general.

• well castor oil is quite better at hair growing than moroccan oil (aka argan oil) argan oil is moroccan oil, this oil is just for taking care of hair breakage, damage, etc. whereas castor oil; will definitely improve scalp health and increase hair growth up to an inch a month IF used 2-3 times a week. Rinsing your hair or intaking rosemary oil, also increases blood circulation thus promoting hair growth,.. ,...I also have a hair growth recipe I downloaded from this website you should too here's the link download it from this website, it's called Grandma Esther's hair growth recipe,...hope it helps and happy hair growing!

• sounds like you're using too many products. my hair is down to the small of my back and very healthy because I don't mess with it. I wash it every other day and I don't brush it unless its completely dry. I don't blow dry or flatiron or curl my hair often at all so there is little damage.

another thing girls do is sleep in a ponytail and that ends up breaking some of the hairs that the pony tail holder rests on as you move around at night.

and girl, remember that it takes a long time to grow long hair. my hair isn't thick and so my hair getting to the small of my back has been a process of me growing it for years. you'll get there!

• don't dye it, don't use harsh products on it, like curling irons straightening irons and cut it 2 a year

• sounds like your doing pretty good, I would just recommend less shampooing, try conditioner only or shampoo only once a week, your natural oils will help your hair grow. and massage your scalp to increase the blood flow to your scalp that will help.

• Dear god women! Your using to many products! Just use an all natural shampoo once a day and get regular trims and you'll grow beautiful, healthy, non toxic! Hair :)

• Once a day...you might as well burn your hair right now.

• a little while ago I used to dye my hair a lot and straighten it so my ends are really dry but the stuff I put in my hair is very light and is making my hair softer when I leave it natural.

• lol it's true! I know for me, my hair is healthiest, feels best, and grows the fastest when I have a consistant regimen that I use

• Horse hair shampoo puts well needed vitamins into your hair that you wouldn't get from normal shampoo. Also avoid damaging your hair if your hair is naturally strait, cur it sparingly, if its naturally curly try styling it for waves or rock it naturally. Spray with heat protecting product before styling and also put oils in your hair to give it the sleek look desired for long hair, nothing worse than a long frizzy mess.

Sources: I have long sleek healthy hair

• Try to use vitamins for natural hair growth like what I did. I tried using vitamins from Reloxe and it really helped to regrow my hair.

• You know what I've heard. Dandruff shampoo. I mean its worth a shot

• cut down on the shampooing. Its very stripping. Instead conditioner was your hair.

• I have really oily hair and I try and only wash it when it gets too hard to handle. I wash my front bangs more often because I get oily skin that breaks out easy

• Make sure you get it trimmed regulary so that you are cutting off the deadends.

• i heard exercising a lot and eating eggs helps. just what I heard.

• Not sure if you want to take tablets but Silica tablets are meant to be amazing for Hair,skin and nails,it's like a vitamin but it takes up to 12 weeks to see results.Look for Vitamin products that say it's for Hair,Skin and Nails :).I think Swiss has one!

• get it trimmed at the bottom. that'll help it grow

• i have really long hair to, I don't really do anything special to it? just shampoo, condition(ALOT), and I don't use heat on it and its shiny and healthy...so why do you use so many products that might be too much, you just need a good conditioner and to cut it often so it grows healthy (I cut mine like an inch every 2 months) and mines thick and down to my waiste

• my hair grows so fast, I never straighten it.. or use any heat on it.. shampoo it maybe once a week ( that probably sounds gross but... its actually better for you hair) take salmon pills. it is good for you hair or anything loaded with omega 3.. I don't brush it a lot only when I have to but I do it gently.. hope that help... :D

• As a kid, I had very thin hair...almost bald! lol

I'm an Arab & we are known to have long healthy thick shiny hair. Do you want to know our secret? HAIR OIL !

It's a mixture of different ingredients like Canola oil, Palm oil, Jasmine compound, Vitamin E & more.

If you can purchase a bottle, you'll see miracle happening! :D

My mother used this oil on me and ever since that age I had very thick long shiny healthy hair :)

Check this out! link It's sold on Amazon too

• That is crazy. Everyone always compliments my hair for being so long and soft and I don't do anything to it! I actually just found out what a split end is because my friend was complaining about hers and I said I didn't know if I had any so she checked, and I don't. Just wash your hair about every second day, don't dye it, don't use heat products and never use any products to style your hair. Also get regular trims. (: Good luck.

• Put Coconut oil in your hair.

Get a wet warm towel, so that you can wrap it around your hair.

Leave it on for 30 minutes.

Shower, shampoo and condition like you would normally.

It's healthy for your hair too. Makes it look shiny.

• massage your scalp once in a while.