Damaged hair emergency!

HELP!

I have over dyed/straightened my hair, its gone thin and dry and short! over the past 3 weeks I Haven't use my hair dryer of straighter or got it died.

What can I do to save my hair?

Most Helpful Girl

• There's a few things that will work. First off, try to limit the number of times you wash your hair to only 3 times a week. It will be difficult at first as your hair will get greasy, but just tie it back and pin back any small hairs. The natural oils your scalp creates will condition your hair. Once every week, you should deep condition your hair. Use a mask just before you wash your hair. After every time you wash your hair, use a leave in conditioner, such as argan oil. Argan oil is a miracle worker! You can also use olive oil- apply it all over your hair and scalp and cover your head with cling film and a towel. Go to sleep with it like that, and wash normally the next day. If you do all these steps, you'll notice a difference in your hair in 6-8 weeks guaranteed. I had really bad hair when I was 18, it almost all fell out from chemical/heat damage, but I brought it back to life doing the above mentioned xx

What Guys Said 1

• Okay uhrm I know this is random cause I'm a guy ha ha but try loreals Elvive Re-Nutrition royal Jelly shampoo and conditioner. It's really good, I use it and so does my girlfriend.

What Girls Said 4

• link I got this, and it works really well, believe it or not! So, try that. :)) also, get leave in conditioners and smoothing milks and such, this will help. apply to wet hair. Also, LAY OF THE HEAT. :)

• Get bumble and bumble rebuilding shampoo and conditioner asap- you can buy online or at your local sephora. Also get leave in conditioner and leave it in- DO NOT RINSE IT OUT! I would also reccomend thickening serum but don't use it too much- you don't want to clog your hair with products. You can get all of this again, at bumble and bumble website, or at sephora. Also, if you do straighten your hair, use heat protectant spray but I would leave it natural for a good while. Trust me, use the bumble and bumble, my hair did the exact same thing a year ago and now it is shiny, healthy, and full :)

• i suggest getting some really good professional shampoos and conditioners and products that deposit proteins,oils, and moisture-rich ingredients and also see about getting a reconditioning treatment ...hopefully this helps you iv been in cosmetology for 2 years now

• Look for special shampoos that are made for this kind of damage.

I can't really recommend one but go look. Maybe go to a pharmacy or even to your hairdresser and ask for a recommendation

Hope this helps!