Hunger Games themed sweet 16?

i want to do a hunger games themed party for my sweet 16. I don't know how to do this. anyone got any ideas?

NO, I DO NOT PLAN ON KILLING ANYONE

Most Helpful Guy

• its an awesome idea. you need a really wild looking place. and I like the other guys idea- having people dress up like they are from different districts- but that might not work... it really depends on your budget what you could do. you could get like chariots... you could get flaming bows. lol.

• LMAO that would be freaking insane. Issue: don't you reckon loads of the guests would be like, "wtf is Hunger Games?"

• lol. yeah... I just read the book a week or so ago... heard about it but never read it. xD. once the movie comes out tho- you might be able to pull it off... but it might be too late.

What Guys Said 3

• That would be awesome what if you assign different districts to different people and they dress like that district. You could make a game out of it too.

• LOL in your update. I was going to say that if you kill off all your guests you won't be very popular.

• Chubby bunny.

What Girls Said 3

• Ahh I'm so sad I just found this question! Five months too late. Haha

But if you're still looking for ideas, it would be cool if you went to a designated hiking/forest/tourist area. That way you could run around and hide out in the woods like in the actual games, while still being close to civilization. Many places allow you to camp nearby, so you could have your actual party and cake at the campsite.

Although having a giant cornucopia would be incredibly awesome, it might not be practical. Instead, try constructing your own tent style artillery unit from old bedsheets and long sticks. For weapons, you could use various play toys like nerf guns and even duck tape daggers; all the fighting and killing effect minus the blood!

You could have all of your guests wear certain colors to represent the twelve districts, so you'd pair up two people for each district. ( a fun twist would be that whoever RSVP'd first would be from a lower district, so they could get better gifts from their sponsors (parents) throughout the games.)

I'd imagine that the whole games would take a few hours, so if you started around 3 o clock, depending on where you live, it would start the get dark just after you were done.

Once the games are finished, you could return to the campsite for cake, presents, and of course a campfire :)

*** keep in mind, walkie talkies are a great idea to have handy, that way you can help prevent someone getting lost!

• have everyone dress up like characters and maybe have like paintball or lazer tag (kind of like the games but no death and pretty colors!) um have it outdoors and set up scenes in the movie and like have screens (cardboard and sharpies work well) that have a pic of the capitol people and for food have stuff from peeta's bakery and um omg haven't read the books in forever! oh have a scavenger hunt to find supplies and camp out in sleeping bags! great idea for a theme though! I <3 the hunger games (was going to be in the movie but wasn't alowed ugh)

• what's a hunger game themed party?