Whats it mean when a guy calls you cute?

okay so why do guys use the word cute? Do they mean like a puppy, or what? I can't figure out if I'm suppose to take it as a compliment or is he just saying "you remind me of a little girl, you are so CUTE:)" Its driving me crazy? What is YOUR meaning behind calling a girl cute opposed to pretty or beautiful or hot. By the way I'm a little under 16.

Most Helpful Guy

• haha. it means that you look really good, but not slutty or someone he could get into bed with. someone that he could get into a relationship with.

and yes its a compliment.

What Guys Said 2

• looks wise I use it interchangeable with pretty and that is probably generally true with guys. all 3 are generally facial beauty and beautiful is an upgrade on cute or pretty. cute can also be personality and how you act wich is how I use alot. some guys do you as you described and hot is usually sexual attraction

• >.> guys are simple creature he thinks your cute, in many ways it is better then being hot

What Girls Said 3

• Damn! This is SUCH a brain teaser!

I don't know...I don't know...what could that mean?!?!

Let me just put this out there: Maybe that he thinks you're cute... ?

• Cute is a compliment. It does remind us girls of...puppies & babies. :D But, it is a good thing. I'm sure of it.

• They just think you are attractive, it's a compliment, not an insult.