Why do I get upset when he looks?

My boyfriend looks at scantily clad chics on thechive.com etc. I get so worked up by this. I am not insecure but I do feel that Media puts far too much pressure on us women. I also think it is a lame excuse that only men are visual. So are females but we aren't perving 24/7. I work with men and I endure this at home and work. *sighs* Why can I not be "cool" like other girls and be like - he may look but he loves me? I think it is nonsense still.

Most Helpful Girl

• You get upset because you know it is disrespectful/ degrading to women and it lowers them to sex objects instead of people. You also get upset because preferring to ogle women instead of having a complex, loving relationship is disgusting and it belittles every bit of the effort, time, love, devotion, and sacrifices you have put into your relationship.

• WOW! That made sense. Do you agree with me when saying that "guys are visual" LOL that is the worst crap I have ever heard

What Guys Said 2

• If you dress up scantily clad, maybe your boyfriend will look at you more :)

• No the chics he checks out have flat tummy's etc. I actually work and have a brain. I do workout but I don't have time to make sure I look like a model. But yes I know what you mean. It just makes me angry that he does. when I am at work I am busy and dont' have time to "perv" the internet

• In the end it helps you out too, you know. He looks at those pics (and some are HOOOOOTT!) and it makes him horny and hard. Then he has sex with you. Win-win-win!

• about that. I have more of a sex drive than he does. Weird?

• Nah, it happens! But then it should definitely help you if he looks at some hot chicks to get horny. Just make sure he doesn't get off! He should save that for when you can give him a hand. Or a mouth. Or whatever else you have to help him with! ;)

What Girls Said 2

• it's upsetting. none of my exes ever did.

• i think you need to get over it if he looks on occasion at other women. if he isn't obsessing or doing it in public in an ogling type of way...just accept that you aren't the only girl out there. you are the only girl for HIM but men find women pleasing and will look. I'm a girl and I look - and I'm straight. if you make a big deal out of it, he'll feel constrained and it'll end up being a bigger deal than it is. he will look - men look - and if they don't do it when you're there, they'll do it when you aren't there. a glance is OK - that you don't care implies you know what you are and that you can't be replaced. don't behave as though you are threatened by everything. unless, of course, you are...in which case this isn't the right guy for you. and of course if he's OBSESSED or constantly checking girls out in front of you, then maybe it's time to have a talk or reconsider things

• My boyfriend looks at scantily clad chics on thechive.com etc. Not talking about Randoms walking by. and my question is why do I get upset...

• oh..yeah you really shouldn't. if he's doing it nonstop and it's interfering with your life and relationship then have a talk re: his obsession...but that is WAY NATURAL. if he's not an idiot, he knows they're airbrushed and whatnot. I wouldn't make a big deal of it...it's male curiosity...it's testosterone. be grateful he's not some douche who ogles every attractive girl while out with you - in REAL life.