Should I stop wearing bikinis? should I try to get my swimsuit back?

i'll be honest, I could stand to lose 10 or 15 pounds. so I guess I'm chubby. but I never thought of myself as fat or disgusting before.

today I went to a pool party and for the first time wore a bikini. when I got there there were tons of girls with perfectly flat stomachs running around in bikinis and I got a little discouraged, but tried my best to stay confident and have a good time.

at one point I went to the bathroom and when I came out the mom of the guy throwing the party was standing at the back door. she pulled me aside and pointed to the flat stomached girls and said "those are the girls who should be wearing bikinis, not you" and then patted my stomach.

needless to say I felt self conscious for the whole rest of the party.

later we decided to go to a movie and changed into normal clothes and the guy's mom offered to wash our suits while we were out. when we got back she said she couldn't find mine and promised to return it when she found it, but I think she's lying.

what should I do?

Most Helpful Girl

• controlling much? imagine how she is with her son if she's that way to a teenage girl she doesn't even know...wow. I don't even know what to say I'm so sorry :\

I probably wouldn't have done anything as a teen I would have let it go and not tried to get back my suit

but if you're looking for something to do...maybe tell your mom but if your mom is like me she'd have something to say to that mother and that's a whole other issue LOL. Cause if some mom said that to my kid? oh we'd be having words.

What Guys Said 2

• Holy crap that woman is a horrible human being. You should avoid her and do what makes you feel comfortable.

• She's a good mom, trying to help yu out. Still, ask her to return the suit in 3 months, and lose those 10 lbs (Should take about 3 months to do that if you really work out.) Make friends with that mom, most aren't so honest or willing to help out in this way.

What Girls Said 7

• I think she had the right to pull you aside and politely say her opinion but to steal your suit was crossing the line. Try to get her to give it back and if he won't then tell the guy and he can talk to his mom about it. If nothing works or she really did toss your suit, target has really good and cheap suits, mostly bikinis. You can get another one for $30.

• That woman is a huge bitch! That is why women have body image problems. I don't think that 10-15 pounds is that overweight personally, but it depends on your height. Some bikinis are more flattering than others. I don't know if you are busty but if you are then a top with wide straps is more flattering. If you aren't busty then a bandeau top is flattering. High waisted pants are more flattering too. What type of bikini did you wear? I hope this helps.

• Ignore that cow! Wear whatever you want: you have as much a right to wear a bikini as the flat-stomached girls.

I would try to get the swimsuit back, yeah.

• wow- that's messed up. She should never have said something- wearing a bikini is YOUR decision and if you don't feel fat then who cares? The only reason you shouldn't wear a bikini is if YOU don't want to, not because you're worried it looks bad- I mean, if you have confidence and a good personality that is far more important than a little stomach and/or non-twiggy legs.

• I'd tell the guy what his mom did.

• You should wear whatever you want to wear. That woman is the rudest most self depreciating woman I've ever heard of. For her to say something like that to a teeager who has a hard enough time conforming to this world which is so centered on what the media wants you to look like? Thats terrible. You are just as perfect as those other girls. If you want to loose weight for yourself and no one else then go ahead be determined and loose a few pounds, but if it's because some hater told you to, dont. You should feel happy and safe in your own body and not care what others think. In my opinion really skinny people aren't that pretty. Who likes someone where you can see their bones?

• Oh yeah I'd try to get it back becuase that's flat out rude, but that's just me. If you're not comfortable doing it then dont.

• why are American people so shallow? all they seem to care about is pool parties and bikins