Can you be beautiful/ good-looking in person but be unphotogenic?

its weird but whenever I take pics of myself, they look pretty similar as to how I look in the mirror I guess. but whenever someone else takes a pic of me, I look hideous.

does this mean that I'm ugly? is the camera lying to me, or the mirror? cause I've been asked out before by some pretty good-looking guys... :(

help :,(

Most Helpful Girl

• I know people that are not very pretty in person but look really good in pictures and vice versa. Its all about being photogenic or not. I don't like how I look in pictures but I feel pretty when I look in the mirror. Very few people or photogenic so I wouldn't let a picture define how you think of yourself.

What Guys Said 4

• I heard a tip for being more photogenic is to stick your tongue on the roof of your mouth

idk if that works I always forget to do it lol

• No, It does not mean at all that you are ugly. If you still have a doubt, then ask a professional fashion photographer to take your picture. you will start trusting camera than mirror then :)

• Some people just can't take a good photo

• Yep, I movie star handsome in real life.

Seriously.

What Girls Said 3

• yh its the same for me... usually has to do with lighting or flash or w/e . but your as beautiful as you think you are.. your confidence will seal the deal. If you are comfortable with yourself people will be comfortable with you :)

• Yes. That happens to many people and that doesn't mean you're ugly.

• Yes, it's very possible.

Some people just aren't photogenic