Why do most females wear makeup?

I see a lot of beautiful women (no homo) these days wearing a face full of make-up...why? Why do females do it to their selves? I mean is it fun just to try new things, do you feel insecure, do you have blemishes that pro-active just can't fix,...i mean help me understand ladies? Guys how do you feel about women who wear make-up?

Most Helpful Girl

• I do wear make-up...eyeliner,clean lip gloss, mascara, and smth for the face to make it look shiner! I wear it because I feel good and more comfortable when I'm with others...but I'm just trying to make it look natural...and I don't overdo it with glitters and make-up!some women wear a loooot of make-up...i know...but they just do it because they feel OK with it...u can't kill them because they wear a lot of make-up!its their choice...u can't change this...nobody can...some other women wear make-up to hide the imperfections of their face...and they wear a lot because obviously their face suck! in my opinion...i think that every woman and girl in this world is beautiful...aall of em...every one is beautiful...u just have to be willin to see their beauty...some people have a very beautiful character!and their beautiful character effects their beautiful appierence...they are all beautiful...some of em have perfectly shaped shoulders...some of em have very sensual lips and face...some of em have a very nice body...everyone is beautiful with his own way...and you are beautiful too!but some women that they wear a lot of make up they don't believe in theirselves...and theyre thrying to look nice by painting theirselves! some of em look nice! but other are like clowns! just...dont care about what other people do...just be good and love year self just the way it is...take care of yrself and never let anyone to tell ya that year ugly! or you look fat with these clothes! year beautiful whatever you wear...if you want...dont wear make-up...if you want...wear make-up and be like a clown...and if you want...make it seem natural...cuz year perfect just the way you are...u don't have to change for anyone...just take a good care of yrself...and be good...and never watch what other people...women do...or wear...look yrself first...believe that year beautiful...and then you will see the world with different eyes...i didn't exactly answer to year question...but I gave ya some helpfull advices...hope you follow them...and hope I helped...P.S don't be afraid to expirament with yrself...maybe uu have never wear make-up...but if you try it you might like it a lot!

What Guys Said 2

• I thought about mocking the psychology behind wearing make-up, but thought this was funnier:

Homer: Now, this next one's for the ladies. How many times have you gals been late for a high-powered business meeting, only to realize you're not wearing make-up?

Marge: That's every woman's nightmare.

Homer: That's why I invented this revolutionary make-up gun. It's for the woman who only has four-fifths of a second to get ready. Close your eyes, Marge. [Homer fires the make-up gun, which appears to be a shotgun with some containers of liquid attached, into Marge's face. After the cloud of dust vanishes, she ends up with way too much on]

Homer: Now you're ready for a night on the town. [holds up a mirror]

Marge: gasps] Homer! You've got it set on "whore."

Homer: Okay, this time try to keep your nostrils closed.

[Homer points the gun at her, but she pushes it away from her face.

A vaguely face-shaped blotch of make-up stains the wall]

Homer: Oh, look what you did. Now I have to go get my cold-cream gun.

Lisa: Dad, women won't like being shot in the face.

Homer: Women will like what I tell them to like!

Haha, classic Simpsons greatness.

• i like girls who wear no make-up. it's just me. I like natural beauty of a women.

What Girls Said 9

• I wear face makeup like concealer because I have acne scars. They're fading slowly but they're still red and unsightly.

I don't wear eye makeup or lipstick that often, but sometimes I do it just because I think it's fun to play around with different colors and stuff. I don't think it makes me look better, just interesting.

• Make up is fun. It's another style choice one can make, and it can make a huge impact on your confidence.

Furthermore, foundation typically has SPF in it, something that should be worn every day to prevent sun damage. So if you're not wearing makeup, please, pretty please, wear a moisturizer with SPF.

• I only wear concealer (if I have to) and eye make up when I go out. . .

And the reason is: It's a fun and creative way of experimenting on yourself - but it's not permanent.

• I just wear eye shadow out of habit now, if anything. I look so strange without it, so I'll stick with my panda-eyes style. :)

• For me, it's because I think it's fun :) though I ususally only wear a bit of concealer and mascara. Plus lipstick and eyeshadow if I'm going out.

• For me it depends...i love makeup in general...and I wear it almost everyday...my skin is OK with out it. but I just like it...

• Because we want to. I don't understand why makeup is such a debate to people. Different women wear makeup for different reasons. I wear it to look more polished, glamorous and because I love the art form. It doesn't mean you don't feel pretty without it but it's a different look. You wouldn't wear jeans and a baseball T out on a date to a nice restaurant but it doesn't make you insecure. It just means you want to put in that extra effort to look nicer.

• why shouldn't they? make up is fun and creative. I don't see anything wrong with it

"do you feel insecure, do you have blemishes that pro-active just can't fix,"

that's just ignorant and stupid to say. that's like telling an overweight person, do you have fat that a diet just can't fix?

• no sweety clearly I don't need make-up...no need for the attitude it was just a question unless you feeling some type of way about yourself and if so I feel sorry for you...dont worry hun someone loves you in the world!

• Because I'm insecure and my bastard pasty Scottish ancestors gave me crappy blotchy skin that goes freckly in the sun.

Satisfied?