Reading People's Eyes?

I'm really good at reading people, knowing what they're feeling/thinking from their posture, expression, voice, gestures etc. But I cannot for the life of me read people's eyes. I always thought it was just an expression when people said that they could "see it in my eyes", but when I look at someone's eyes I just see their eyes...

Can someone give me and example of what looks different about someone's eyes when their (for example) sad, or scared, or hurt (aside from the obvious)? It'd be much appreciated.

• Eyes are the best way to get to know a person.
  • Yeah, it's pretty much just an expression.

Most Helpful Guy

• Check out the shows 'Lie to me' and 'The Mentilest' for the entertainment half of things.

The real scope is here. link

It's real and you'll never watch TV or movies the same ever again.

What Guys Said 4

• I read into facial expressions and mannerisms, not really the eyes. If you wind up looking for stuff in the eyes, you'll miss everything else.

• I think people who claim they can read people will someday run into a player or a femme fatale and get completely made fool of. Since they can master shifting body language as good as they can lie with their tongue.

• Being able to see someone's personality through their eyes (or that is how they look in terms of positive or whatnot) is why when it comes to physicality the eyes mean the most to me :) beautiful bright positive life filled eyes are ideal

• 0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Yes. I can read people's eyes. It's more I see a picture in my head when I look in their eyes. For example, when is someone is upset I see a waterfall; that represents to me that they feel like crying (weird, I know). Bitches/two-faced people have "dark" eyes, it's hard to explain but you know it when you see it.

I believe it also comes down to gut instinct. Not necessarily the first impression you get from people, and do not listen to what other people have said about them. Look in their eyes and see what you think. What do YOU feel when you look in their eyes?

• i'ma psychologist, you can tell everything from a persons eyes, however it is usually teamed with some other sort of body language to help it along.