Opinions on thick legs?

I've always had thicker legs and a large butt, that's why I find it hard looking for pants which would fit me at the waist and my mom doesn't want me to wear skirts as much as possible because of this too (I don't like skirts that much anyway)

and its made me kinda self conscious whenever I have to wear dresses or something tight at the bottom...

so opinions, guys and girls on thick legs?

here are some links:

link

link

Most Helpful Girl

• Firstly, I wanna state I'm NOT a racist! This is what my mother told me when I was young:

They say the most attractive features are big bum, full body, full lips, striking/prodominant features, but with a rounded edge - basically rounded but big. Now I'm not saying white people can't, but especially with facial features, black people have the edge - it's just natural for them to have beautifully full lips!

I have a big bum, tum and legs too. I think the media push THIN THIN THIN into our heads, but big can be beautiful too. I think from those pictures of you being similar, you have nothing to worry about! I think stick thin, uncurvy girls, yes it's what the media tell us, but it's not always true...everyones different and body isn't everything.

Don't be self conscious! I went from a US size 20 (aged 13) to a US size 12 (ages 13) in about 3 months. I'm about US size 14ish now but I wear skirts and dresses! It's all about the shape... I started with leggings and black tights with A-line skirts and now I wear mini skirts and clear tights!

Try it, you might like it! :D

• haha..its hard to think otherwise when you live in a place where "Thin is in" and I guess I wasn't really expecting these kinda opinions here. :)...

glad some people are positive about it...

• Of course it's hard. That's the way they make it.. but you obviously care about what you look like, so you'll never get massively out of control!

And, bites the media people on the ass 'cause as soon as they slip in that business, they're eaten alive!

Keep you're chin up. Anyone can wear a skirt if they want to. If you want, read up on different skirt "lines" and see which ones you like and try them! Go with a friend too, cause they'll see it more realistically than you (NO omg, thoughts)

What Guys Said 8

• Don't be self conscious. That is beauty. There are plenty of men who love thick legs and booty. Lately it seems like a lot more guys are into it. And in my opinion, those girls in those pictures aren't even that thick. If your legs and butt look like that girl in the second link, you are f***ing gorgeous. Be proud that, it's a beautiful thing. And besides, it's not what's on the outside that counts. It's the inside. If I could find a girl that was beautiful on the inside and had an ass like that, I'd propose on the spot lol

• Thick is not bad. And thick does look good in skirts as long as the 'thickness' comes from firm muscle tone rather than jiggly stuff.

• You won't please everyone. What's important is that you wear something that makes you feel comfortable and then OWN it. Strut your stuff like you're the hottest piece of ass walking and guys will come flocking.

• Thick thighs are yum! they look amazing in skirts especially witth a butt to go with it :P

• I can honestly say that there are no men out there who doesn't like thick legs...by the way its one thing to have thick legs to have fat legs. I like thick legs, but I don't like fat legs that jiggle too much with cellulite.

• Yummy!

• Delicious!

• can I have your phone number :D joking. you look pretty.

What Girls Said 9

• Is hard to get an honest answer when you put your personal situation in.

Chances are that your legs look great.

Obviously not every guy in the world will love them, but that's for every situation.

• Thick legs are fine if they are toned and muscular. If they're just squishy, fat and jiggly, they're unattractive in my opinion.

Just workout and eat healthy.

• Try levi's curve ID jeans, I know exactly the feeling with never finding jeans that fit for 6 months I wouldn't wear jeans because I could never find a pair that fit right and was comfortable.

• i like thick legs, thicker, curvier girls. :)

• Curves are great! I have big lips, boobs, butt, and thighs...and my boyfriend can't keep his hands off of me. The right guy will love everything about you, and if some guy doesn't, he isn't the right one. Embrace your curves. :)

• congrats on having curves. I have stick legs and a small butt. but somehow, for both of us, skirts and dresses that come right above the knee are best. no higher, no longer (unless ankle length). I don't know what ethnicity you are, but some designer brands like Apple Bottoms are made for baby's who got back. xD it is designed with the black woman in mind since she is typically the one with this sort of shape. The key is to balance the top and bottom. For me, if I wear baggy shirts, I wear tighter pants, and vice versa. That's the kind of balance I mean. Vertical lines will give your legs the appearance of being thinner, if that is what you are looking for. But I cannot picture any vertical striped pants that would look good xD

• You are very sexy, and the legs (and especially ass) are part of that sexiness :)

• can't change them, might as well love them

• I have really thick legs and up until recently I would never wear dresses or skirts or shorts but recently I've decided screw the world if they don't like what they see then they can look away it doesn't bother me (well shouldn't bother me). Having thick legs is a total bummer though, its near impossible to find a pair of jeans that fit both on the legs and tummy.

• true :P I've never had jeans that I didn't have to pull up once in a while