Do you guys care a lot about a girls hair do??

Most girls straighten there hair all the time. Guys just leave it natural and still get liked. I feel so left out having naturally curly hair. It is extremely hard to tame and its also thick. My self confidence is beyond low. I am afraid that guys out there are just interested in straight hair. Some girls where there hair curly, but it is tamed and has a crap load of gel in it.

I just want to go one day without damaging my hair by a flat iron and still get liked by guys. I just want to know if the hair is really what matters to any guy.

Most Helpful Guy

• Personally, I love curly hair! I think its great. I agree with cheerangelcharity, take good care of you curls. The girls I know who have curly hair, keep it medium to short in length and I think that's the way to go. Also, do be afraid of some highlights and or a stylish cut to accentuate those wonderful curls. Here are a few links to give you some ideas.

link

link

link

link

What Guys Said 7

• Who decided that straight hair was the business anyway?

Hair is very important to me, but it doesn't need to be straight.

I just want it to look cute.

But I don't want every girl to wear the same 20 hairstyles.

Do something creative with your hair without having to damage it.

• never, its always, ALWAYS the personality. that means a really high self esteam. that includes confidence, self respect. BE UR SELF. have a good time and don't worry about others.

ur goal is to get them to like you for who you are and not what ur trying to be.

• I know a girl who has amazing hair. It is actually all curls and it's beautiful ! Take good care of your hair ,don't damage it ,chances are their are guys who love your hair when it's curly.

• Just because straight hair is fashionable righ now doesn't mean that's what all the guys like. That horrible short bobcut seems to be en vogue too, but I don't know a single guy who likes them.

I like curly hair myself.

• As far as I'm concerned ( I know, I'm set to anonymous).lol.hair doesn't matter to me that much.i know girls that look good with curly hair and I know girls that look good with straight hair

• As long as she has long hair, I don't care if it's straight or curly. But if I had to choose, I'd probably prefer curly hair.

• High-maintenance hair-dos only impress people who know what you had to go through to get it. i.e. Other women.

At least this is true outside the African-American community. I don't know your ethnicity, but the fact that you're mentioning hair straightening as being common and talking about tamed hair with lots of gel in it suggests that that might be your background. If that's the case, then I don't know, 'cause that's a whole different world of fashion and expectation from the world I'm used to. Sorry if I can't help you there.

What Girls Said 7

• Well groomed hair is more important than whether it's straight or curly. Some guys like girls with short hair because they think the girl is sassy, some guys like girls with long hair. Straight or curly I don't think matters too much, but you should condition it so maybe a trip to a salon will help you out. Don't start purchasing things off the shelves or purchasing from infomercials. See a professional or ask a woman who has naturally curly hair like you to help. She may have some advice on the types of products that would help you.

Guys just like girls with good personalities who are secure with themselves.

• I think it's important because one of the first things people notice is your hair. I just try to make sure there aren't any flyaways, I have pretty long hair so it's important I style it otherwise it looks really messy. (which it does when I wake up in the morning

• you don't need to try to make your hair straight but instead try to make your curls silky or soft. go to the salon or a beauty store and ask for one of the deepest conditioners there is and also some shampoo, gel, and/or cream made specifically for curly hair.

• I also have naturally curly hair! Guys I know like curls. well nice curls. Be proud of them instead of straightening them like the rest of the girls. Just make sure it looks good.

• Most guys I know barely notice when a girl does or does not straighten her hair.

• curly hair is beautiful. my ex boyfriend used to sit and wrap the individual ringlets around his fingers. =)

• Not as much as they notice other things before hair