He stares and our eyes always meet, why?

This happens a lot. I've noticed this in middle school. He still does it and every time, I can't help but stare back into his eyes. Sounds romantic but we don't talk at all. Maybe (hopefully) he likes me? I'd look away and do something, then I'd look back and he's still staring at me. Happened before summer break. I don't know just need someone's point of view or advice.

What Guys Said 1

• From experience, I'm a shy guy and if I see a girl I'm interested in I'll usually just look at them, but can't say anything, and approaching for a conversation is something I don't attempt unless I think they might have an interest back. So in other words, they guy is just being shy.

What Girls Said 1

• He's shy and he likes you. If you like the guy, approach him. Don't wait for him to pursue you first because it might not happen. Shy guys fear rejection and it holds them back from approaching the girl they like.