Would it be weird to get a perm as a dude?

Okay, let me explain a little bit. One, I'm African-American, so having the array of long haired and medium haired styles that's in the magazines is a little uh...difficult to say the least. I'm not really a braids or dreadlocks fan. And I always get haircuts. So, my friend suggested letting my hair grow and perm it into curls (I have really really curly when it grows haha)

But, I could use a second opinion . Girls especially, but any takers ?

Most Helpful Girl

• No actually I see boxes of texturizers at the store like safeway but I like guys with curly hair too although most black guys with long hair that stays down might just wear it in a ponytail..you could do a braid out -braid hair when its wet then unbraid when it dries...I don't think it would be a deal breaker as long as I knew about and he didn't try to hid it but if he won't let me touch it or doesn't like my hair then its over...I wear my hair natural sometimes and black guys don't seem to like it eventhough its in a ponytail :(

What Girls Said 2

• There was a kid in my old high school that permed his hair. He was black from what I could tell and hung with the "weird" kids..and I've seen pictures of darker complexioned guys with straight hair so I don't think anyone would really think of it as a big deal

• honestly its a bit gay for a guy to get a relaxer. the very few black men I've known to get relaxers were gay or bisexual. if you care about what girls think you probably don't wanna go that route...i prefer guys with short hair or dreadheads

What Guys Said 2

• Well speaking for a guy who already has a perm and had his hair permed several times in the past, you can will be fine. I have straight hair, something you can run your hand through and it stays in place. Don't know how, just is. The hair in the picture is exactly how my hair is everyday. My friends call me many things by it, some of them call me Goku from the cartoon Dragon ball Z , other names. Even random girls I don't know pull me to the side and ask me if I was into anime and stuff cause I look like I just stepped outside of one? Lmao .

• A bit old school. I normally see transvestite dudes get perms now. I'm not heating on your idea but you will stand out.