Guys/girls who say that they don't care about looks...really?

i see these guys post stuff on girls posts or some thing like that and they say , "ya I never cared about looks its what people are like on the inside", even though that girl is amazingly hot,...but when I see a not so attractive girl with a really awesome personality that fits the person perfectly, nobody posts anything,. it just seems phony to say sh*t like that, becuase I don't think anyone is like that, the way a person looks matters a lot , if your not physicly attractive your definitely not going to get emotional attracted,you are just be friends. its first comes lust, then comes love. that's just my opinion, what do you guys/girls think

Most Helpful Guy

• Both are important. We're attracted to people who are healthy - both mentally and physically.

It seems to me that getting to know someone influences how you see them. After being in a relationship and loving my ex, for instance, I could honestly say I thought she was one of the prettiest girls in the world. Before that, yes I thought she was attractive, but it wasn't on that level.

What Girls Said 5

• I think it's important to be physically attracted to the person you're with, and I think that the initial physical attraction is often what draws you to want to get to know someone better, but: when I get to know someone's personality, that's what makes it or breaks it for me. If a person has a sh*tty personality, I automatically stop seeing that person as physically attractive. A bad personality makes someone ugly to me. On the other hand, if I meet someone that I initially didn't find physically attractive, or I only found them somewhat attractive, if I get to know them and they have an awesome personality, I start to find them more physically attractive well.

A less attractive person with a great personality has a better chance with me than an attractive person with a bad personality.

• Looks get me interested in someone, personality keeps it that way.

• i disagree. at this point I've been with so many fine ass mother f***ers and the one thing that theyve all had in common is that they all ended up being cocky a**holes who thought that they could get any girl they wanted and only had the intention of hitting it and quitting it in mind. now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that ALL hot guys are like this. just the in my personal experience they have been. however, the less attractive guys who have liked me actually cared about me and my feelings, they actually listened to me when I talked to them, and they like me for making them happy and appreciating them for who they are as well. theyre intentions werent sex. this is why that people have become wearing of "hot" individuals. who cares how hot someone is, if they hurt your feelings and disrespect you then its not woth it.

• OH MY GOSH! that's wrong... some guys do not care about looks. my boyfriend says that he doesn't care about my looks or what I look like. he doesn't really pay any attention to that kind of stuff.. he is always talking to me and always enjoying my company and doesn't call me fat or anything, he never judges me, he loves my personality and that's why we click! we really don't care about looks and that includes me! a good,caring,loving, personality that understands someone but may not look all that wonderful to you might actually be someone that you'll end up with. even some people that are best friends and always talk to each other and tries to help each other out and trusts each other are actually the ones that make the best couples. its just weird. but someday ull realize it!

• i think these people are LYING! everyone cares somewhat

What Guys Said 2

• The looks get you interested in someone. Their personality keeps it interesting.

• I always care about look, but also about character... both is very important to me. And I'm not telling bullsh*t by saying that I don't care about looks oO