The past is the past... right?

Alright, I'll admit it, in elementary school I was pretty sad. Everything about me screamed BULLY ME TILL YOU DROP, EASY TARGET HERE! I was quiet, wore track suits, and my hair was about as clean as my shoe. I look at old pictures of myself and get angry at my parents for letting me live like that.

I was bullied for a long time, and I became like that because I let myself go. "what's the point?" I said.

Now everything has changed. I'm constantly called stylish, my hair is always done, and I'm a lot more comfortable around people (if a little defensive...). Here's my problem. I'm 16, and I still don't have a boyfriend! I'm not exactly desperate, and I know I'm still young and find one in time, but honestly? never kissed, never been asked out, NOTHING. Why? some people say my height (5'10), others my friends, and others... more hurtful things. Is it because a lot of people come from my elementary school? or something else?

What Guys Said 2

• It is not your height. Most guys do have a type of girl that they prefer, but realize that beautiful girls come in all forms. A guy will almost always go out with a pretty girl, that is not his ideal type. It is most likely either guys are shy, and intimidated by how pretty you are. Or your body language is sending out the wrong message. I have looked at your pics, and you have nothing to worry about.

• Thanks, I'm glad you think so... I guess I'll just have to wait for guys that are a little more mature :)

• don't worry about it, in-school relationships can get awkward and rarely ever last, you have a much better shot finding somebody after high school

• I've seen evidence of that, but what I'm looking for is basically just someone to spend my time with, even if it doesn't last... I'm not looking to get married, but anything intimate at all would be nice... what I'm asking tho is if this past is affecting how others see me...?

What Girls Said 0