If a girl exacts "vengeance" on a guy, could that be considered a sign of attraction?

So I've liked this girl for a long time (we are classmates and in the same major, so we are in some of the same classes). When I met her, she gave me some clear signs (smiling, batting her eyelashes at me when we made eye contact and giving me this dreamy look) after a few weeks of that, I asked for her number, she said no. After that well, she kinda started acting cold and distant towards me, she wouldn't laugh at my jokes or even talk to me but I asked and she said "everything was fine". I got fed up and did the same, started acting like a jerk. Time went by, we would still talk and once in a while have a fun talk, but the animosity was there. Recently we had to work together and I remembered how fun it was when we met. I talked to her and told her I was sorry for being a jerk all this time. She said she accepted the apology but that didn't change the fact that I was a jerk for a year (she even kept tabs on the time) and that if she acted bitchy is because I deserved it. I told her I was trying to be nice and make things better and she said that if I had tried sooner, I woukdnt be in this situation. She has kind of a playful tone when she said that and kinda smiling, but I don't know what to make of it. We talk more now and we are always playfully arguing that friends have to "separate" us lol and she is a bit mean and if I ask her why, she says "because I feel like it". She is a bit of a smartass to everybody but never mean, she laughs at their jokes but never mine. Is vengeance an act of attraction? Thanks for the input.

Most Helpful Girl

• It could be, it's a fine line to tell between flirty sarcasm and I don't like you sarcasm ha ha so I'd try flirting with her (distract from what happened during that year or she's always gonna remind you that you're a jerk) and if she gets sarcastic she likes you, if she gets cold and distant she doesn't like you haha

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• Possibly. I would think so.

• I have no idea. Some of the tests and games that women put us through make no sense. I don't think a girl that hard to read is worth the effort though.