Why do guys love long hair so much?

Why do you love long hair and hate short hair, even if it actually looks good on the chick and she can pull it off? Guy always seem to like long hair better. But why? What is it about long hair that makes it sexier?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's because I don't have long hair, simple as that.

What Guys Said 7

• What is it about strong jaws that make men attractive? What is it about confidence that makes men attractive?

We don't have to explain why long hair is attractive, because we can't. It just is. Anyone who tries to explain is guessing.

• Doing it right: link

• Long hair is kinda feminine.

• something to grab onto ;)

• long hair looks more feminine. I don't really want my girlfriend to look like one of the guys...

• Same reason why girls like short hair and hate long.

• Its a girlie and feminist gesture. When they take a shower, the long wet hairs look so cool. also you have many choices to make different hair styles with your long hairs. and whatever "FierceMegan" said, you can include that as well. including what she said at the end.

What Girls Said 6

• Long, healthy hair is feminine.

Most girls CAN'T pull off short hair. They may think they can, but more than often, they can't.

Medium length hair normally fits every girls. Some looks better with short, some long, but normally, no girl looks good with super long hair or short hair.

• from a very young age, guys always love to tug on a girl's "pig tails" lol if they're long (I Knowww they loved to do it to me lol)

I don't think that ever goes away when they grow up lol it just enhances.

• i've had my hair as short as chin-length to as long as mid-back. generally, guys and girls liked it better long. I think maybe because it's indubitably feminine to have longer hair--> the result of social construction of course. there are definitely girls out there who look better with shorter hair- but I think overall, it's more socially acceptable to have longer hair.

• Yeah, this one is socialization, although you could argue that everyone looks 'sexier' with long hair - long healthy hair shows that you are healthy. But we imprint kids from a young age, most women have long hair, so they INTERPRET it as a sign of femininity.

• Actually it's not a result of social construction at all, it's the result of GIRLS SHOULD HAVE LONG HAIR DAMN IT.

Incidentally, I have longish hair =D.

• lmfao :p nice

• They think of all the things they can do with long hair...run there fingers through it, pull it, push out of a girls face, braid it - lol, just kidding on the last one.

• longer hair tends to look good in most situations.

• Brad Pitt said no to Angie getting a short haircut because he thought she wouldn't look attractive! My boyfriend (now ex) even stopped fancying me when I got my hair cut short...