Men and the toilet seat?

Okay, I just do not understand why a lot of guys pee on the seat and floor. I mean, do they (you) not know that it is disrespectful to the girl? It is amazing to me...I work with my dad..and people come in all the time..and guys will go in and pee all over the seat and floor!

I am like...GEE THANKS. :((

I always find myself cleaning the bathroom 2-3x a day because of this. :((

Do guys just not think about it? Or is it really that hard to aim? HAHAAA seriously. -_- LOL

• Very hard to aim.
  • Don't think about it.
  • They are douchebags.
  • What is the big deal?
Thank you everyone for your answers and comments!

It is more clear to me now! lol

I am sorry it took so long..I am in Costa Rica.

Thanks again!

Most Helpful Guy

• First of all, yes--those guys are slobs. You should be able to hit the target and at the very least you should lift the seat and clean up whatever mess you do make.

But, FYI, peeing standing up isn't QUITE as easy as it sounds. Here are some typical problems one may encounter:

1) The inital burst: So you undo your zipper, whip it out and aim it staight at the middle of the bowl. Sounds simple enough right? Just like a hose, you think if you aim staight at the target and let fly, you're good to go. Not always how our equipment works. You start peeing and realize in the inital burst that today you're actually peeing out at a 30 degree angle from straight. So the inital blast just hit the floor and now you readjust to the bowl.

2) Splash back: This is usually a bigger problem with poorly designed urinals, but it can also happen with toilets, especially if the water level is relatively high compared to the bowl. Since you're peeing into it from altitude (compared to sitting) the pee will hit the water with greater force and can cause splash back drops to accumulate on the seat (which is another good reason to always lift the seat first.

3) The "recentering": This one is related to the issue raised in 1). Suppose you started to pee at the 30 degree angle, thus soaking the floor with your inital burst. What do you do? Well, typically you readjust your aim to hit the center of the bowl again. All's fine now, right? Not so fast! Because sometimes the 30 degree angle problem is only temporary. After a few seconds you may return to firing along a "true north" line. And since you've readjusted your aim to compensate for your 30 degree slice, you're now peeing on the floor on the OTHER side of the toilet.

4) The dreaded "fork pee": I know you think the penis is a simple piece of equipment. You probably figure, "point it in a direction and it pees in that direction." You now realize it may be off on aim, but you figure you can adjust. But even THAT is too simple sometimes! Because with the dreaded fork-pee, you can end up peeing in two directions AT ONCE! That's right--you may not even have just one stream! So what do you do? Well, you can try to adjust so that BOTH streams are hitting inside the bowl. But that doesn't even SOUND easy and in truth it can be pretty tricky. At any rate, until you get it right, you're peeing all over creation.

Anyway, I hope that answers some of your questions around the mystery of "why it's so hard to get it in the bowl."

What Guys Said 23

• I don't see what is so hard about aiming (unless a guy has an erection) but there is the thing where if the skin sticks one part can spray in a different direction. It should b a law though that you have to put the toilet seat up first or clean up after yourself ha ha seriously how lazy can people get?

• I don't want to get into the whole debate of how often I "miss," as girls never believe it. Basically, I will admit that sometimes I do, but I clean it up afterward, I never leave a mess like that for the next person, because I agree it is incredibly disrespectful to the next person, guy or girl.

• toilet seat I don't know y that should be up.. But for the floor il try to explain... Its super hard to pee if our penis is erect. Like almost impossible to hit spot on til the flow gets going. Also when not peeing for a while the hole can get shut a little. Like the skin sticks to itself so when it starts it can squirt in a random way. Like if you put your thumb on a garden hose. Hope that helps.

• So why don't they clean up after themselves?

• noooo I mean not a big deal to clean up after yourself. Being a guy or girl. Sorry if I wrote in a confuseing manner.

• oh okay. lol thank you

• I sit down... I don't know why I started doing it, but it just seems so much easier. Maybe I'm a klutz, but when I do stand up... well, at times I remember water even splashing back on my own pant legs!

• It's a matter of dribbling towards the end of the piss, hard to control you know! Hahaha

• Honestly, I feel exactly the same way. I don't really miss when I pee because I got pretty deadly accuracy but usually I don't have to try to hard since I just pick the seat up with my shoe (I hate touching it with my hands). People who just pee all over the toilet seat and don't even bother to clean up after themselves are just flat out a**holes tbh. And to pee on the floor? Well that's just even more unnecessary and to me just shows you're really inept with your weewee.

• Sometimes it is hard to aim and I do miss but most times it's alright

But do you know how hard it is to take a p*ss with an erection?

• Tell them they should pay for the use of the toilet and the more they have to pay the more accurate they will be :D

At least your job will be rewarded somehow.

• Cause it's so easy for a guy to aim unless the penis is erect.

Also, it is even easier if they pull the foreskin off the glans (unless circumcised) :D

• hhaaha I wish I could

• I guess I was trained better or something...much as I love my females & their pee...I don't care for male pee at all and even female pee should not be on the toilet seat or the floor...I mean I don't spill orange juice on the kitchen floor and leave it lay...btw...I rarely miss the toilet either...I am on your side...also I don't understand why females think that they are going to get a disease where the toilet seat touches (or should touch) their butt cheeks...?

• in the morning, my pee goes in four different ways lmfao

• I lift the seat up >.> but aiming isn't so easy tbh. Specially when tired. Guy should at least try and lift the seat and clean up after himself.

• unlike womn.. guys d***s can sometimes work like a hose with your thumb held slightly over the end.. you get your normal stream and some droplets that shoot out the sides.. unfortunately we don't always clean up every drop... :/ :L

• Oh. okay. Wow. that helps a lot. Good to know. Thank you. I always thought they were jerks..

• Oh, yeah. Let me see. I don't pee on the seat, close the lid, and flush. You can teach an old dog new tricks. All joking aside, I'm dead serious. Period.

• Is it a mens only bathroom...if it is..you really should not care..and why are you cleaning it anyway..?

• It is a one person bathroom. So, men and women use it. And, I clean it because..well, I don't want it to be dirty and yucky. It has to look clean for customers too. I sell cars and work for my dad at his carlot.

• I guess. But, I don't think we should have a janitor on site 24/7.

• You really should..it is helpful and makes it easier on you (and your dad)..trust me!

• Yeah it's completely hard to aim because as soon as we start it fires away like a water hose.

• if we leave the toilet seat up, we don't p*ss on the seat. funny how that works.

• I don't care if the seat is left up. no biggie to me. better than pee all over the floor!

• wait this is a bathroom at work? that's why. no one cares about public bathrooms.

also all the guys here saying its hard to aim are full of sh*t and full of male guilt

• interesting.

• i just p*ss on the walls lol it give them a new flavor in color

• Sometimes it is difficult to aim, though I always clean up if I miss.

• not aiming- one of the many reasons I prefer peeing outdoors

• Well as a guy I all was lift the set be for I pee and try not to miss and put the sit back down because that way if it a boy and girls room you don,t have some woman going in after you and sitting down and the cold toilet that a woman,s number one thing to bitch about after a guy has come out of the bath room

• I pee while sitting on the seat. So I don't make such kind of mess. As I have to clean myself properly, which is not possible, If I am peeing in a standing position. Because, you can get few drops of pee on your clothes, if you pee on floor or on the seat.

• It's usually not hard to aim. Most of the mess occurs at the end when the stream dies down into a trickle. However, sometimes the stream separates and it is impossible to not make a mess. I hate when that happens. One part is going where it is supposed to and the other is flying off at a 45 degree angle. I do lift up the toilet seat when I go too.

At work, do they usually have women around or is it mostly guys around?

• for some guys it is hard to "aim", but hey, everyone knows the longer the barrel, the more accurate the gun. just food for though

What Girls Said 6

• I guess I'm lucky, my partner doesn't do that. Also, when he's done peeing, he wipes the rim with some toilet paper in case there was any splash-back that got on it.

• thankfully, my boyfriend does not do that..I am saying in general..or at my job. thank you for answering

• Ok, this has been interesting to hear about the difficulties with aiming... two questions for the guys: one, can a quick clean up prior provide an open passageway? and two: if you sit on the toilet, rather than stand in front of it, the aim would be easier... aka. pointing into the toilet bowl, true? or not true?

And Eiffelgirl21, you are a wonderful daughter to be cleaning up at the Dad's car lot. Maybe a sign asking the guys to help out? Providing wipes? Some humor seems to help. Good luck.

• They are inconsiderate and they don't care. They know someone will clean it.

• :( I wish they weren't. lol

• Right, I didn't say "all" I said "they" as in the people (guys) that do that.

• LOL! Guys will claim its too hard to aim, but also claim that they can find the g-spot (size of a dime) with precision accuracy! ;)

• i fi had a d*** I would p*ss like that too

• Guys don't clean ... why would they think about the messes they make?