Why do people go for looks rather than personality?

Why does people go for look other than personality? every guy I know always go for these girls that cheat and use them but they are pretty other than going for someone that treats them like someone

Most Helpful Girl

• i think people do this because they are shallow. they judge people before they even know them. just because they aren't a barbie doll or ken image person. people can't seem to look past their eyes...i try to look at a person's character. cause that is what a person should be judged by.

What Guys Said 4

• Guys like girls who look attractive. Women actually need security and look are not as important. Nevertheless, the personality maybe nice. But ultimately, people will need to have sex in a relationship, and they don't want to puke when they are with their partner.

• Because physical appearance tells us a lot about a person in the beginning of a relationship.

Things like the persons health and genetics seem to be a top priority when it comes to how males select.

Personality is very important too, I would say the most important, but it takes a great deal of time to really get to know someone and guys have to work very fast in order to keep their options open :)

• Simple. Human nature. We're visual creatures. Personally, looks always got my attention, but if the girl didn't have the right personality to back it up, she was history.

• Looks cause initial attraction

Personality keeps me around

What Girls Said 1

• What grabs your attention at first sight is the person's looks..for sure. So, let's not pretend that we fall for the personality once we see someone.

Then, when you get to know that person, you either develop feelings for him/her or you don't.

As for why guys love bitches? Tell me why girls love jerks.

Bitches and jerks appear to be charming and interesting. They play the song you want to listen. What happens is that the truth comes out later.

Not all girls like jerks and not all guys love bitches. So, let's not generalize.