What to do with my hair?

Hello. So I have long, dark brown hair with layers. My bangs are very long, that they part to the side. I wasn't sure if I should grow them out or what to do with them. I have decided they bother me like that. I want to cut them myself. My forehead's a little big, so I think bangs suit me better. I want them wispy and covering my forehead. Not straight. I've never really done side bangs, but I don't think I'd go for that. Also, I want to grow out my layers and have my hair all one lenght. Is this a good idea? Or will it give me no volume? I think my face shape is round.. I plan to cut my bangs tonight. So any ideas/suggestions/tips would be appreciated. Thank you!

Most Helpful Girl

• layers are usually a good idea. they do create more volume in the hair and in my opinion look better also. I'm not sure of what kind of styles you're into but ill post some links to pictures you may like...

link the bangs for this one

link these straight across bangs aren't thick so I think it looks better than other straight across bangs

link if you don't want bangs

link

link

• Nice, nice. Thank you. Not for me, though the second last one is pretty. I'll stick with layers.

What Guys Said 2

• I had the same problem so I shaved my head then sandpapered it smooth and attached wooded towel holders to either side with superglue. Give it a try and see what ya think.

• Kinda hard to say seeing as not every girl looks good with every hairstyle. Can't you take a picture?

I do have on tip though : keep your hair long.

What Girls Said 6

• Yeah try the one length! I have had layers foreverand keep thinking about it but it's a good look so go for it!

• I personally think layers are better than having it just one length. My hair right now is all one length and I don't think it suits my face shape at all. I also think that side bangs would look cute(:

• I see. I think I'll stick with layers, but less of them or longer ones. And I'll cut my bangs somewhat the same lenght, but not blunt, and push them to the side if I want to. Side bangs can look nice, but I don't want them. :P With your hair one lenght, do you find your hair drags you down, like there's no volume?

• Yes ! You can apply mousse while it's damp to volumize it, but that's just too much work and doesn't do a whole lot lol. If I didn't style my hair, it would just lay flat and I think it actually brings more attention to the roundness of my face, which is not good haha

• Heehee. Mousse is fun. But, I get what you mean. Tnks

• my bangs I take you meen a ''fringe'' :S sorry I'm British:)

i think you shouldn't get them layered , it would be cool if you have a thick fringe :)

• i think have a wispy front fringe is really cute :) and having it all one length with that type of bang is better than having it with layers...but often, layers look nice on people with round faces...so it's your call on that one.

• Alright. I can do this! Cutting my bangs now. I'm still going to let my layers grow. I'll just cut my hair shorter next time I go to the hairdresser, so the layers won't be as evident. I'll see. Thank ya

• you can do it! :) take it slow... hope it turns out great :D

• Picture?

• Its hard to say what you should do with your hair since I don't know what you look like...

• You're right..

• Yeah... But from the tings you told me I can tell you if your forehead is a little big then you should keep the bangs because makes your forehead look smaller, as for side bangs I don't know how they will look on you so I can't tell you if you should get them or not, and what is poplar right now is long layered hair, because one length will take the bounce out of your hair and layered hair doesn't make your hair look boring...

• Good points, thanks. :D